BullGuard Internet Security 2017 review by PCMag - Gets 3/5 stars

How would you rate BullGuard Internet Security 2017?

• I've never tried this security software

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • 5 stars (Excellent)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 stars (Very Good)

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • 3 stars (Good)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 2 stars (Fair)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 1 star (Poor)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

catjc

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2014
BullGuard Internet Security (2017) review by PCMag - Rating 3/5

• PROS
    Multi-faceted tune-up tool. Next to no performance hit. Simple firewall resists attack. Scans for insecure settings. Job-based backup system. Parental control has more features than in many suites.

• CONS
    Mixed scored from antivirus labs. So-so scores in our antivirus tests. Spam filter limited to specific clients. Parts of parental control system awkward, dated. Multi-license subscriptions are expensive.

• BOTTOM LINE
    BullGuard Internet Security includes all the features you'd expect in a suite, plus a backup system and a comprehensive collection of tune-up utilities. Its many features aren't consistently effective, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I've given a look at the PCMag review, I have seen the results of his malware testing, but it seems it is not specified if it is static/dynamic detection, both or what. ..
I think it is vital to show a correct and complete result when we talk of security tools.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I voted 3 stars, based on my own testing period of Bullguard, I can only say good about it. There is a one fact I don't like, that Bullguards support recommends to use their products alongside Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
One thing i know is do not subscribe on their newsletters, etc or your mailbox will be full in no time.
A load of "discount" spam is coming your way if you do subscribe, i even had to block them because it was getting to bad...

I will spare you my long Bullguard story but all i can say is its below zero, i gave them a 2 star rating though because they keep surviving in AV world :)

Last edited:

HarryNguyen0330

Level 1
Oct 6, 2016
The new v17 drops Agnitum firewall engine for WF, I wonder how good is its performance since there is no advanced configuration at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.