Battle Bullguard Internet Security ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdnauk

Thread author
Feb 13, 2013
So i have used Bullguard id say 3 out of the last 6 years at the other times i hoped between Eset & Bit Defender .

Eset has been ruled out completely due to its high price compared to others and i had a bad support experience.

I have done a little research and see that Bullguard uses the Bit Defender Engine so from a security standpoint would they both be evenly matched when it comes to keeping my computer safe ?

I have had the chance to play about with the interface of both and must say Bullguard seems more simple and easy to use.

As i always do with any security it will run along side Malwarebytes Pro.

So the real question is had Bit Defender got any advantages over Bullguard for my uses which is Surf The Net, Game & Download music

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I don't think there would be much of a difference if they both use the same engine. Plus I have to agree with you that the Bullguard interface is quite easy to use.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
-HTTP/HTTPS scanner-Commtouch Enterprise;
-SpamFilter-Commtouch Enterprise;
-Firewall-Agnitum (Outpost);
-Engine 1 Signatures-BitDefender;
-Vulnerability-Scanner-Secunia;
-Behavioral engine-Novashield.

Source post

So definitely it can protect your system well.

Well Bitdefender users experience troubles when dealing from stability on the system.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

Bullguard not buggy like Bitdefender, but have a nasty bug with "Bullguard Firewall and Windows Firewall". Also have a "PC Tune Up", but very agressive with registry cleaner. Bitdefender is more light on system then Bullguard.
According to VB100(I have some test, 2012-2013) both are "stable" products.I'm not so sure about Bitdefender.

Have a nice day!

//sorry my bad english

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
Paul.R said:
Hi!

Bullguard not buggy like Bitdefender, but have a nasty bug with "Bullguard Firewall and Windows Firewall". Also have a "PC Tune Up", but very agressive with registry cleaner. Bitdefender is more light on system then Bullguard.
According to VB100(I have some test, 2012-2013) both are "stable" products.I'm not so sure about Bitdefender.

Have a nice day!

//sorry my bad english

Not true....I have tried on 4 different machines and Bitdefender was much heavier than BullGuard.
That was 3-4 months ago.Maybe things have changed about Bitdefender but Bullguard is still light on those 4 PCs.

mrdnauk

Thread author
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the input guys i think il go with Bullguard as i get a discount as my work sells it plus it seems there isn't much difference between the 2 and il do as it says on the bullguard forum in regard to the firewall and make sure to disable the windows one .

From a stand point of running along side i take it malwarebytes pro is fine and anything else i should consider

Il post a update in a couple days on how the Bullguard is running

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

On my system I feel more light Bitdefender IS 2013 then Bullguard IS 2013. But Bitdefender is more buggy.

Have a nice day!

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Bitdefender seems to go off the rails every now and again, and it's webfilter has a slowing influence on both my machines. Might try both, or, flip a coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.