Bullguard Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Hi, Hello,Greeting to all!

What is your opinion on Bullguard Internet Security? Detection, Cleaning abilities, so forth? Pro's and Con's?

Many thanks,

Moose

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Moose said:
Hi, Hello,Greeting to all!

What is your opinion on Bullguard Internet Security? Detection, Cleaning abilities, so forth? Pro's and Con's?

Many thanks,

Moose
i test the av and then i tell you

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
BullGuard is light, with very good detection and the web-guard does a fantastic job.
Cleaning could be better imo. And the only thing I don't like in this new version is the GUI.
You can often found it with discounted prices.

Some of the technologies licensed to Bullguard:

HTTP/HTTPS scanner-Commtouch Enterprise;
SpamFilter - Commtouch Enterprise;
Firewall - Agnitum (Outpost)
Signatures - BitDefender and their own
Vulnerability-Scanner - Secunia;
Behavioral engine - Novashield

Reactions: Pearl96

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Nedim said:
BullGuard is light, with very good detection and the web-guard does a fantastic job.
Cleaning could be better imo. And the only thing I don't like in this new version is the GUI.
You can often found it with discounted prices.

Some of the technologies licensed to Bullguard:

HTTP/HTTPS scanner-Commtouch Enterprise;
SpamFilter - Commtouch Enterprise;
Firewall - Agnitum (Outpost)
Signatures - BitDefender and their own
Vulnerability-Scanner - Secunia;
Behavioral engine - Novashield

Yep, their the taps in the main windows isn't fit, they need some improvements.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
guys let me do an av review on it 1st before we go to a final judgment on it

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

bullguard is a good security solution but i tried one week ago the 2014 antivirus and had an issue about performances, my laptop was getting heated by periods ( i guess when bullguard real time module was scanning).
New 2014 interface is ugly and not practical at all
I uninstalled it so.

S

starchild76

I must say the gui is not the most appealing of the bunch and the vunerability scanner tile does not fit in nicely , but overal all I am happy with the programs capabilities. the webblocker is execellent as are its signatures and I do not feel any slowdowns on my machine. I got this suite on a sweet deal and I sm not going to change it again.....

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Who care it the gui is not appealing. Can it do the job of blocking and cleaning the Mal-ware! 100%!

S

starchild76

Moose said:
Who care it the gui is not appealing. Can it do the job of blocking and cleaning the Mal-ware! 100%!

it uses bitdefender scan engine and bitdefender signatures so you are good to go on that front :) and NO antivirus / anti malware scores a 100%.....

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I have had problems with Bitdefender (paid version) so I stray from this. That said, many people seem happy with Bullguard, and Bitdefender is capable, so I always throw it (Bullguard) out there for noobs that just want to install and not deal with much after the fact.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
It's pretty cheap. Download crew and ebay both have cheap prices for 1 yr/3pc.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Actually bullguard is a very impressive piece of software.You get the commtouch web filter.The outpost firewall and the bitdefender av engine.
Here in the UK this fantastic combo is on sale for £20 in retail stores.
This is a true bargain,.

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello

I tried again bullguard internet security last days and same performances issues; was really heavy on my laptop.
I uninstalled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.