Assigned Bummer, lost my lifetime activation for ZAL

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Zemana really needs to sort out these license issues with desktop products.

Zemana Mobile license has no such issues. I have ZM Lifetime lic too And use/transfer is simple & easy, just uninstall & reinstall on other mobile & no issues.

Dont know why they dont handle Zemana desktop license like Zemana mobile license?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Zemana really needs to sort out these license issues with desktop products.

Zemana Mobile license has no such issues. I have ZM Lifetime lic too And use/transfer is simple & easy, just uninstall & reinstall on other mobile & no issues.

Dont know why they dont handle Zemana desktop license like Zemana mobile license?

Yes, that is a major issue I would say. Not sure if they are thinking about some better solution, but now it is like this.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
No, i did not get my lifetime license back. It was all my fault.

Happy Thanksgiving All! and thank you for all your replies and support on this.
I could have told you this, myself and Umbra both have had this happen, but I did not want to say anything till
you got your reply.
sorry to hear it brother. It aided in my discovery of HitmanPro Alert so they actually did me a huge favor
weather they know it or not ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

:'( Can't say I am not disappointed, but it is what it is. I do agree by the fact that it was stated there will be no support for it during the giveaway.
I am little confused?

Was it a beta lifetime license that Zemana offered to join their beta test?
Was it a giveaway lifetime license?

I dont know there was a giveaway that offered lifetime license, was there? And was the giveaway by Zemana or 3rd party?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am little confused?

Was it a beta lifetime license that Zemana offered to join their beta test?
Was it a giveaway lifetime license?

I don't know there was a giveaway that offered lifetime license, was there? And was the giveaway by Zemana or 3rd party?
As a gift the Beta testers here about 4 mos ago were awarded Lifetime keys as a Thank you, many of those have been made invalid
now and do not work. They can blame it on policy, or us, or what ever they want, but it paints a difinitive picture of
Zemana, their policies and trust level.
I'm not bothered by it, and Umbra warned us this was a possibility, I'm looking for his post now on the subject.
Like I said earlier it afforded me the chance to discover HitmanPro Alert and I am more than happy. I do feel for the ones that were relying on Zemana to honor their own gifts.
It speaks volumes.
Its like they want to " seen " as a generous & honorable company, but it pains them to walk the walk ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

As a gift the Beta testers here about 4 mos ago were awarded Lifetime keys as a Thank you, many of those have been made invalid
now and do not work. They can blame it on policy or us, or what ever they want, but it paints a difinitive picture of
Zemana, their policies and trust level.
I'm not bothered by it, and Umbra warned us this was a possibility, I'm looking for his post now on the subject.
Like I said earlier it afforded me the chance to discover HitmanPro Alert and I am more than happy. I do feel for the ones that were relying on Zemana to honor their own gifts.
It speaks volumes.
Its like they want to " seen " as a generous company, but it pains them to walk the walk ;)
I have the same lifetime license from the beta test 4 months ago.
It has automatically become invalid or users lost the license for some reasons?
I dont have ZAL currently installed...will have to check my lifetime lic works or not?

As for the OP, I am confused coz he mentioned lifetime giveaway license with purchase order, etc... so it seems either its Zemana or 3rd party giveaway lic And not the beta test lifetime license.
Dont know any Zemana or 3rd party giveaway was there with lifetime license?

I guess Zemana will solve the license issue for beta test lifetime license But giveaway either Zemana or 3rd party license may/may not be solved as per giveaway terms/conditions, etc?

If I remember correctly, the beta test lifetime license didn't have any purchase order, etc... I just joined Zemana Google Group, joined beta test, entered my email & lifetime key was shown.

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have the same lifetime license from the beta test 4 months ago.
It has automatically become invalid or users lost the license for some reasons?
I dont have ZAL currently installed...will have to check my lifetime lic works or not?

As for the OP, I am confused coz he mentioned lifetime giveaway license with purchase order, etc... so it seems either its Zemana or 3rd party giveaway lic And not the beta test lifetime license.
Dont know any Zemana or 3rd party giveaway was there with lifetime license?

I guess Zemana will solve the license issue for beta test lifetime license But giveaway either Zemana or 3rd party license may/may not be solved as per giveaway terms/conditions, etc?
I too have not seen a "lifetime" giveaway, and am not referring to that type of incident, let me be clear on that.
I am referring to the beta testers that donated our time and efforts and the "Invalid" Thank You we were offered.
Yes, for many of us the keys have been rendered invalid and deactivated for various reasons. It's their policy surrounding those keys that's causing much of the issue.
Like I said though it's their software, if they feel their approach is advantageous to
how they market their software and are viewed, then more power to them ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I too have not seen a "lifetime" giveaway, and am not referring to that type of incident, let me be clear on that.
I am referring to the beta testers that donated our time and efforts and the "Invalid" Thank You we were offered.
I got it. Was just mentioning one of OP posts & my confusion.

I will check my beta test lifetime license in few mins & see works or not & report here.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
I simply think that a lifetime license has to be "life time", in the true sense of the word.
If I can validate my license via email address I use to obtain it, then it should not be a problem to get back this license IMO.

D

Deleted member 2913

Mine works so i don't know under what conditions they disable it. Maybe change of pc/hardware?
Change of PC/Hardware could be the reason.

I think they support beta test lifetime license.
When I had tried my Zemana Mobile Beta Test Lifetime License, it mentioned invalid. I contacted Zemana support & also requested to transfer the license to other email add. They solved the license issue & also transferred the license to other email add.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Change of PC/Hardware could be the reason.

I think they support beta test lifetime license.
When I had tried my Zemana Mobile Beta Test Lifetime License, it mentioned invalid. I contacted Zemana support & also requested to transfer the license to other email add. They solved the license issue & also transferred the license to other email add.
Yes I think lifetime license is related to the email address but also the machine ID to prevent multiple installations on other machines using the same key.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I think it is tied to installs reguardless of MAC or machine ID.
I say this because I have had the same MAC "ID" for years and
it still got rendered invalid. Even if your installing it on the same system
they count the amount of installs, and once their imposed limit is reached
the key is deactivated.

D

Deleted member 2913

I have Zemana AntiLogger Beta Test Lifetime License And Zemana Mobile Beta Test Lifetime License

I always uninstall Zemana products if I dont want to keep it, restoring to clean snapshot, etc...

Both ZAL & ZMobile are currently not installed.
I tried ZAL now & Lifetime license worked fine here.
I had uninstalled Zemana before flashing official ROM on my mobile. I tried ZMobile now & Lifetime license worked fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.