Advice Request Can anyone help me analyze if this file is safe?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Download site for the app gui version: hxxps://deemix.app/gui/
Note: replace the xx with tt for https not hxxps.

homepage: hxxps://deemix.app/
Note: replace the xx with tt for https not hxxps

I ran this on my desktop with shadow defender on and I don't see any suspicious activity at all from basic analyzing like looking through task manager and control panel for any unknown program drop. From virustotal.com, it looks clean. Can anyone run this and do further analyzing if this file is safe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I ran this on my desktop with shadow defender on and I don't see any suspicious activity at all from basic analyzing like looking through task manager and control panel for any unknown program drop. From virustotal.com, it looks clean. Can anyone run this and do further analyzing if this file is safe?

Just uploaded "deemix-gui Setup.exe" to analysis services:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Deemix had a source code repository which got taken down because of DMCA (as it download songs from Deezer)

From the VirusTotal sandbox analysis, I'd say it's safe to use.
oh

Just uploaded "deemix-gui Setup.exe" to analysis services:

so is it safe?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
File seems safe. But no one one can be 100% sure until they can actually reverse engineer the code and read it.
You should be fine running it in a VM.
running in vm with vpn on is good too?

What about running shadow defender inside a vm?

Thiagoo

Level 3
May 10, 2021
running in vm with vpn on is good too?

What about running shadow defender inside a vm?
Late reply, but i don't think a file with this behavior and not detected by any AV would be able to do something like a sandbox escape. Only a VM or a VM w/ VPN is enough.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.