Advice Request Can I copy both systems (Windows+Linux) in MR image?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
My question is MR for dual boot, that is, I have Windows and Linux on the same disk if I make a copy of the System I can include Linux. Has anyone tried it?:unsure:
Yes, I did it. You can include both. The Linux partition takes a little longer to image, and you can't mount it and browse it, but you can restore it. I have imaged Linux and restored it many times with Macrium Reflect.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Question, and have you restored and respected the dual boot?
I had dual boot, but I don't think I ever restored both the Window partition and the Linux partition at the very same time.
What I can tell you from experience is that I successfully restored the Linux partition, which included Grub, and I had no problems booting, my dual boot worked as expected. I did this several times.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.