Can i still use ESET SMART SECURITY 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamX

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 11, 2015
I'm using windows 8.1 so can i use ESET v8 since v9 has come out. will there be any security issues? will eset phase out the v8 slowly?

D

Deleted member 178

it is always better to use the latest version, bugs and flaws are mostly solved in the new one.

Reactions: SamX

chrcoluk

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2015
I use nod32 av v8 in windows 8.1 its fine.

When I tried v9 (admittedly during beta), its HIPS was broken (rules got corrupt) and I hate the new UI which is slow and too big.

However according to marcos on the eset forums they plan to roll out an update for v8 users to update to v9 :(, after which I assume v8 may become unsupported.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes you may however be aware for announcement since usually they give 1 year validity to support for signatures and developments where urge to upgrade for latest version.

chrcoluk

Level 1
Verified
Aug 6, 2015
yes I am now getting win10 GWX style with "on top" windows encouraging me to upgrade to v9, this happens even when check for new versions is disabled in settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.