Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question:

Can I use Malwarebytes Pro along with Kaspersky Internet Security 2014?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Malwarebytes can be used as a complimentary layer to your Antivirus, but not to replace. You can try and report back if or any conflicts (at your own risk), but are there any reasons in particular you wanted to couple Malwarebytes and Kaspersky?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
No I just have a lifetime license key and wanted to know from you guys whether there would be any conflicts etc., should I just keep to KIS 2014 and remove Malwarebytes?

Thank you Huracan for the reply!

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I'm using WSA along with MBAM Pro at this moment, I don't see any conflicts so far, but running two security program at the same time isn't recommended, microsoft also tell the same thing, so just try it, if you see any conflicts then probably you need to turn off both "real time protection" and "website protection" as well, there is no need to remove/uninstall MBAM (unless you have a problem with it of course) if you have a license for MBAM you can use it at least for "auto update" feature..besides..MBAM isn't an anti virus it's a malware removal :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would explore Kaspersky's full potential, Application Control, KSN etc. before considering adding multiple real-time layers. Plus you can save resources and start-up times if you scan any downloaded files with a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro or Malwarebytes, before executing. While Kaspersky has your back.

Reactions: Nedim
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.