Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
RE: VM-Ware Question

I've never known it happening, but who says it can't happen.

I personally am very aware when I do all my videos.

What was the reason behind the question may I ask? was it to start making videos?

D

Deleted member 178

never happened to me.

the only case i am aware was a guy that mistakenly ran the malwares from the shared folder :lolz:

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011

It's rare, however like everything there are exploits out there to take advantage of weaknesses, so always make sure you're running the most up-to-date version.

Also it's generally considered better to run in NAT mode rather than Bridged network, and disable shared folders.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Most probably not.You are safe with vmare but who can say that anything is 100% perfect.
Chance of getting bypass is less than 0.10% but you can rely on your av and on demand scanner in that case.

If you are testing malware you should to fear of getting infection as one play with fire have every chance of getting burn even with precaution.

Better to play with them when you know how to tackle them ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Actually there isn't much an evidence that a malware or virus jumps from real systen into virtual machine but a possible when security hole found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.