can someone guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.

raxa707

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
as u know i m using cis 6 so i decided to try the sandbox for chrome well it went well but i download some files media files etc which were saved in the sandbox but when i opened the shared space it was empty so where were the file gone i restarted and files were gone from the sandbox i had fully virtualized the chrome anyone can help??

D

Deleted member 178

"Shared Space" is for Kiosk, your files are saved in "Vroot" on your C drive.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Shared Space is just a folder excluded from the sandbox.

If you want a download to go there, you need to specifically point the browser to that folder when it is downloading. Then you can just grab the file from your normal system from the Shared Space folder.

If you just download to the desktop from within the sandbox, you can open the Kiosk and the file will be sitting on the desktop in there, because the manual sandbox and the Kiosk share the same virtual space.

If you downloaded to another folder while sandboxed, then as Umbra suggests, you can navigate through VRoot to the folder you downloaded to.

manmur

Level 1
Verified
Jan 23, 2013
You can also make your download folder exceptions under Comodo> advanced tasks> Advance settings> Security Settings> Defense + > Sandbox > Do not Visualize access to the specified files/folders> Add files/folders.

if you change the settings while you are in a sandbox browser, you will have to reset the sandbox so the file will download right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.