Advice Request Can someone please advise! Kaspersky question

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
In this thread:
AV-Comparatives: Product of the Year 2015 (Kaspersky)
Nightwallker posted a screenshot of his settings:

xedvwvxssbotzdlsqpgyhasykjcpcsthqrdkvrhiduygrizcfzuybkjmubfudekbkkieldjmuhsqssvejhqaikvwpyqrnwhsjqbf

However on my version under WIN10x64 I don't have those settings available!Screenshot below:

sppptxmqveegooqkvdetrqpjttremlazecfbuyxminvgesialnmitlrywykgllqqczfuptymqjnnxhihffwtajbieuuinhvgnplo

Can someone please help!
Thanks!!

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
In this thread:
AV-Comparatives: Product of the Year 2015 (Kaspersky)
Nightwallker posted a screenshot of his settings:

xedvwvxssbotzdlsqpgyhasykjcpcsthqrdkvrhiduygrizcfzuybkjmubfudekbkkieldjmuhsqssvejhqaikvwpyqrnwhsjqbf

However on my version under WIN10x64 I don't have those settings available!Screenshot below:

sppptxmqveegooqkvdetrqpjttremlazecfbuyxminvgesialnmitlrywykgllqqczfuptymqjnnxhihffwtajbieuuinhvgnplo

Can someone please help!
Thanks!!
Most likely @Nightwalker is using a BETA version or something similar. I've installed KIS 2016 and I get the same screen as you see.
1345.jpg

However when enabled the module works as it should, so you don't really need those extra options:

123.jpg

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
The improvement in KIS 2016MR1.This is ready but still in beta section:)
Thanks!!

Most likely @Nightwalker is using a BETA version or something similar. I've installed KIS 2016 and I get the same screen as you see.
View attachment 81035

However when enabled the module works as it should, so you don't really need those extra options:

View attachment 81034
Thanks!!

I can onfirm that these options are present in LATEST MR1 only( STABLE)
see the screenies
BMIdXEF.png

and this
TAPoTv1.png

Thanks!!

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yes! those new features are only in the official upcoming 2016MR1 :)
Thanks!That's good news!Any time frame for the release?And,can we install "over the top"?

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thanks!That's good news!Any time frame for the release?And,can we install "over the top"?
The MR1 was Available for quiet sometime but only through ONLINE installer but it wa knoked offline dunno why

Will surely see it soon!!

Yes It can be installed on top of it!! i did it many times but if u want u ccan uninstall old version(MAKE SURE U TICK THE OPTION TO SAVE LICENSE DATA OTHERWISE U WILL LOOSE LICENSE INFO) AND then Update

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
So guys, will all the previous limitations in WIN10x64 be finally adressed with MR1?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I also confirm I installed that temporal online installer of 2016MR1 over 2016MR0 in 3 systems (2 real systems and 1 in VirtualBox) with 2016MR0 and no problems so far...

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think (not totally sure) only 1st and 2nd come enabled, 3rd disabled...

Reactions: Mihir :-)
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.