• I don't know

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hi everyone! Someday when I was hanging on YouTube, which I doesn't installed an Adblock app, a one day and the page was loading, there was something odd (I can not remember exactly what else) .mookie1.com is expecting or loading. I saw and cleaned the cookies. It came back after a relatively long time. It does not come up when you close the 3rd party cookie setting. This is said to be a tracking cookie that is not harmful forums, and is a solution to question / answer sites. But to solve some of this download-style sites called it a virus (they perceive as virustotal phising). I've still scanned it with Bitdefender, Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and Eset Online Scanner. They could not find anything. You already know HitmanPro cleans all tracking cookies. And I deleted the cookies and disabled 3rd party cookies on Chrome and switched to Firefox with Ublock Origin. After it, I want to ask you this question, does tracking cookies can be malicious? Have a nice day!

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
No, tracking cookies aren't harmful to the computer, they are just text files. But it can be harmful to privacy, as they are used to gather information about your browsing habits and that data can be used with other websites to show you ads that are related to your searches specifically, for example if you use Facebook, and you search for 'VPN', Facebook will start showing you paid ads that are about VPNs.

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Why is it necessary to scan cookies?
As already mentioned the cookies themselves cannot harm the computer. However they can contain certain information to lead a possible attacker to the respective computer. For example: we will consider that an attacker releases a Trojan in the wild in order to gain control over several computers. This Trojan’s payload contains in dropping a Backdoor (to open a port), changing the homepage of the browser and placing a “malicious” cookie in the browser’s cookie area.
Read more : Cookie threats!

How to Remove Adware and Malicious Tracking Cookies - XtremeRain

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
When I visited a malicious webpage with blocked cookies, nothing happened. When cookies were allowed, malware got downloaded by itself.

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hello! Thanks for everyone's replies. But I want to say this cookies are malicious? I'm using Bitdefender for real-time protection and I scanned my computer with HitmanPro, Eset Online, Malwarebytes and nothing was found, you already know HitmanPro deletes all tracking cookies. I will scan my PC with Emsisoft Emergency Kit and Zemana too.Am I infected? Have a nice day.
@hamo @TairikuOkami @Sunshine-boy

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hello! Thanks for your comments. Do you have any idea/comment for my issue? Have a nice day!

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Cookies are small files stored in your browser. Cookies remember your passwords account and browsing history.
Because of the information they contain, cookies are prime targets for cybercriminals, especially the ones that contain emails, account names and passwords.

Reactions: Takemaster

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Hello. Thanks for your replies. What do you think about my issue? Some sites calling it malware but they are tagged phising on Virustotal or saying download for PUP or malwares. In answer sites they say its a basic tracking cookies. I tried HitmanPro,Malwarebytes,Adwcleaner,Bitdefender and Eset Online but they didn't dedect anything. I'll try Emsisoft and Zemana and check my DNS too. What can I do for mookie1? Thank you.

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
The solutions you mentioned doesn't focus on cleaning cookies except for HitmanPro. If you just want to get rid of that cookie, you can remove manually it from your browser, in Chrome goto Settings - Advanced - Content settings - Cookies - and in "All cookies and site data" search for it and delete it, or you have a button to Remove all. Another option can be Ccleaner which clears ALL cookies if you choose the option, it will NOT filter out some cookies and leave others.

Takemaster

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
The solutions you mentioned doesn't focus on cleaning cookies except for HitmanPro. If you just want to get rid of that cookie, you can remove manually it from your browser, in Chrome goto Settings - Advanced - Content settings - Cookies - and in "All cookies and site data" search for it and delete it, or you have a button to Remove all. Another option can be Ccleaner which clears ALL cookies if you choose the option, it will NOT filter out some cookies and leave others.
Hello. Yes I deleted all cookies. But before sometimes it returns relatively long time. But I switched to Firefox and now using Ublock Origin. No saw this issue now.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
  • Browser extensions and add-onsadd extra functionality to your browser such as ad blocking or search bars. However, these add-ons pose a security risk, since they can open up windows into your PC which can be exploited to inject malware.
Source: Heimdal

Hi everyone! Someday when I was hanging on YouTube, which I doesn't installed an Adblock app, a one day and the page was loading, there was something odd (I can not remember exactly what else) .mookie1.com is expecting or loading. I saw and cleaned the cookies. It came back after a relatively long time. It does not come up when you close the 3rd party cookie setting. This is said to be a tracking cookie that is not harmful forums, and is a solution to question / answer sites. But to solve some of this download-style sites called it a virus (they perceive as virustotal phising). I've still scanned it with Bitdefender, Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, HitmanPro and Eset Online Scanner. They could not find anything. You already know HitmanPro cleans all tracking cookies. And I deleted the cookies and disabled 3rd party cookies on Chrome and switched to Firefox with Ublock Origin. After it, I want to ask you this question, does tracking cookies can be malicious? Have a nice day!

For accurate technical infos research it online. Here is one link returned by searching online for "malicious tracking cookies." There are many other links that discuss the topic of tracking cookies if you search:

Tracking Cookie Technical Details | Symantec

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.