• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can search "How to make an Antivirus" on Google (or likes), but these projects takes Years, Knowledge and Experience, also costs a lot of your Time and Money.

Voted realistically.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Akash209 said:
yeah, i know that this is difficult, but not impossible,.. i know that i cant waste a lot of money in this case, but i made a simple av surely..!!!! its my Promise.!:cool:

Can only give you +3 kudos and my best wishes ;)

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Member said:
Akash209 said:
yeah, i know that this is difficult, but not impossible,.. i know that i cant waste a lot of money in this case, but i made a simple av surely..!!!! its my Promise.!:cool:

Can only give you +3 kudos and my best wishes ;)

thank you!:)

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
LOL.

Other than the things mentioned by the above posters, why would you want the AV to be exclusive to MT users only?! A new AV will not be able to win against the veteran AVs unless it brings something amazing, new, revolutionary, "magical", etc. to the table. You can think of any such ideas?

I am all for imaginary and theoretical AVs. It's cool to bounce ideas off each other and come up with something. But it seems to be a pretty improbable thing to accomplish.

And just in case you do make one(!), you can ask MrXidius to design it for you. :)

D

Deleted member 178

BSOD said:
A new AV will not be able to win against the veteran AVs unless it brings something amazing, new, revolutionary, "magical", etc. to the table. You can think of any such ideas?

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-The-new-Revolutionnary-Security-Solution

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-The-new-Revolutionnary-Security-Solution

Thing is with your MrUmbra yours doesn't need years of programming experience all you need is the time to read through all the settings. :p

D

Deleted member 178

Exactly , the best AV is the one you know on your fingertips; know the setting, unleash the powa.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
It would seem feasible to take something that someone has engineerined, yet will no longer develop, and make it much better (BASF: we don't make the things you use, we make the things you use better). So if PC Tools (Symantec) was not still utilizing ThreatFire in PC Tools AV, you could acquire the rights to TF and give it a learning mode and integrate an abandoned traditional AV with it and tweak it too. That way you would not have to build anything from scratch and would have a head start, as to not sweat the small stuff. Plenty of people have been successful in taking one man's trash and turning it into treasure without the need to purchase huge equipment and labor forces to extract said treasure.
Besides that, the parent company of the software you are tweaking and improving may choose to share profits with you so you don't have to pay them a huge sum up front for the rights to the abandoned product that will be the foundation of your AV. They might be interested in assisting in a joint venture with the MT name on it, as to help the masses free of charge, or donations.
Just shooting from the hip.

There is this idea:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Disinfecting-PC-s-Without-the-Need-for-Tedious-Security-Software

That would probably not be ready for another 20 years (the tech needed to make it a fast, one-click type of process---i.e > infected image > hard drive wipe > new system image with all custom setting, documents, etc. intact via system image checked for false logic against a clean second, identical OS)

BSOD

Level 2
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
I really don't think that the OP is serious about this, Gnosis. He's just fantasizing like I once did on the Piriform forums about a unified Piriform product. I was 14.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I read (no source) that CCleaner + Defraggler could merge at a cost, but don't quote me on it.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I really don't think that the OP is serious about this, Gnosis. He's just fantasizing like I once did on the Piriform forums about a unified Piriform product. I was 14.

Oh. I see. LOL
Nothing wrong with a little fantasy. After all, this whole cyber realm and the hardware and software that encompasses it came from fantasy.

Akash209

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
BSOD said:
LOL.

Other than the things mentioned by the above posters, why would you want the AV to be exclusive to MT users only?! A new AV will not be able to win against the veteran AVs unless it brings something amazing, new, revolutionary, "magical", etc. to the table. You can think of any such ideas?

I am all for imaginary and theoretical AVs. It's cool to bounce ideas off each other and come up with something. But it seems to be a pretty improbable thing to accomplish.

And just in case you do make one(!), you can ask MrXidius to design it for you. :)

i will..:)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Well, you have already this easy & worked solution: try PCHunter (XueTr) / Setting tab.
Here you have manual Antivirus settings, called now: Temporary configuration.
Play with, and see ..
And then notch the case 'Minimize to tray when clicking close button' ..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.