Advice Request Can you justify turning off auto-updates?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
safety is not getting a bullet to the head. security is how. how's that for an easy explanation?
I think it's security to not put your finger on the trigger. You need to be aware that blanks without warheads are vulnerable.🔫
-------------------------
Let's get back to the thread topic.
I have a negative opinion about automatic updates, but I don't think it's a pointless service. Many general users lack the awareness of updating installed software. It makes sense to support those people.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I think it's security to not put your finger on the trigger. You need to be aware that blanks without warheads are vulnerable.🔫
-------------------------
Let's get back to the thread topic.
I have a negative opinion about automatic updates, but I don't think it's a pointless service. Many general users lack the awareness of updating installed software. It makes sense to support those people.
giphy.gif

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.