Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Just a simple question cause I am not really sure about this;

Are you able to run MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) w/ another Anti-Virus?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rogue987

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 7, 2015
Really?

But what I meant is could you run it without causing any issues with the other AV.

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
Base On my experience, MSE is not basic already build up protection in Windows, it it self is a AV produced by microsoft. anyway, i never recomended to have two AVS with Both Real Protection are active. It might causing a conflict. And based on my experience, fro the time being, with PC of my csutomer which have both av active on its Real time Protection. They indeed conflict each other. And causes the computer to freeze.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Observation with my brother's desktop computer which is Gateway Windows XP OS, well he install MSE then later on Panda Cloud Free.

Verdict: No issues happen, both register on Windows Security Center.

Question: Is it useful? Technically not cause both will play with resource consumption and future issues.

But wait .... Companion AV can be. capable as long as developers declared it like Xvirus Personal Guard and Crystal Clear.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Having two ANTIVIRUS at once, could work... but its like having two browsers open, instead of two tabs...
a waste of the Computers resources.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Most antivirus products will do a better job protecting your system. Having MSE enabled will cause slowdown and possible conflict.
You can use malwarebytes if you like to have better detection with MSE enabled, otherwise better disable it.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Why MSE? not the best of the bunch these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.