HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

I was testing the Windscribe VPN and when I tried to go to www.bleepingcomputer.com the following message pops up.

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

But if VPN is switched off I can access without issue. Is bleepingcomputer blocking VPN service? I have no issues when accessing Wilders Security Forums and here with VPN

Anyone knows the answer? Thanks

Reactions: DardiM and Dirk41

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
No issue here..... Are you using the Windscribe browser extension, or the Windows program?
(I'm in "cruise control" mode, showing Canada.)

Reactions: DardiM

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No issue here..... Are you using the Windscribe browser extension, or the Windows program?
(I'm in "cruise control" mode, showing Canada.)
Thanks

Both also cannot access. I believe mine is Hong Kong

I tried other countries and it can access.

Thanks again

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Using Windscribe Windows Client and no issues going to that site. Try another location? Tested Hong Kong and Taiwan and still able to access the site.

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Ok, was playing with Windscribe VPN

Of the 8 countries only Hong Kong server cannot access www.bleepingcomputer.com. Others no issue.

Also, cannot access South China Morning Post to read its news using Hong Kong server. Other servers can.

This site can’t be reached
www.scmp.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Not an issue to me as I can use other servers but I'll feedback to Windscribe on this

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.