Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
cannot install google chrome and got pop up warning "unknown installer error"
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
download stand alone installer for 64 bit but still not work (with same warning)
Helo,
Last month, I installed slimjet browser as companion browser in laptop (my main browser is cyberfox). And today I want to install "pure" version of slim jet which is google chrome.
I installed it using installer from official google site, however it can't be done and gave warning "unknown installer error".
I remember that I still have slimjet installed and I think there is incompatibility issue if installing 2 webkit/blinks browser. So, slimjet is being uninstalled and I downloaded standalone 64 bit installer from google to reduce installation problem risk. I cleaned registry using CCleaner, restarted and tried again.

However, I still facing same problem. Please help me to solve this problem. :(

A

Alkajak

Geek Uninstaller would save you a load of time in the future from having to use CCleaner messing around with your registries, looking for leftover folders/files, etc.

Reactions: bunchuu
Upvote 0

bunchuu

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
Geek Uninstaller would save you a load of time in the future from having to use CCleaner messing around with your registries, looking for leftover folders/files, etc.
thanks, I have been using both of it. Geek uninstaller is amazing apps with great price (free).

Reactions: Alkajak and frogboy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.