Troubleshoot Cannot remove HTML:Redirector-HD [Trj]

MrJohn

Thread author
Jun 14, 2016
I'm using Mac OSX. I rebooted 10 days ago. The infection came a couple of days ago. The virus comes form the folder "/private/var/folders/..../com.microsoft.Outlook/Outlook Temp/[file-name] (but there is no files in that folder).
Avast says:
"Avast Filesystem shield has blocked a threat and moved it to the Chest".
Infection: HTML:Redirector-HD [Trj]
Subject: re: website traffic quote
File: ^^See above mentioned.

How can I delete that file and solve the problem?

The file didn't dissapear in the folder. So I tried to remove the folder - but it generates itself again.

Kind regards,

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
If you are using Mac OSX why there is onedrive folder?

Ok, anyway, try these steps:

1. Uninstall HTML:Redirector-HD [Trj] related browser extensions from Safari, Chrome, Firefox
  2. Uninstall suspicious-related apps to the HTML:Redirector-HD [Trj] -> go to the menu and select "Applications" tab: Delete ALL apps which may be related with HTML:Redirector-HD [Trj], now move them in the trash and empty your trash.
  3. Download MacKeeper and click on Fix item safely
  4. Now MacKeeper, should delete all traces about the infection in your system
Hope this helps you!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.