Solved Cannot uninstall KIS 2012 or Some other Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsaw

Thread author
Jan 18, 2013
Dear fellows,

I am having a weird problem for last couple of days. I am trying to uninstall KIS2012 and some other software from my pc but I cant. I am getting an error and I do not have any clue. I am getting this message when I tried to uninstall VS2010 Lightswitch 2011.

Thanks in advance.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome,

Have you tried doing a system restore to a time before you installed the software?

Upvote 0
P

Plexx

jigsaw said:
Dear fellows,

I am having a weird problem for last couple of days. I am trying to uninstall KIS2012 and some other software from my pc but I cant. I am getting an error and I do not have any clue. I am getting this message when I tried to uninstall VS2010 Lightswitch 2011.

Thanks in advance.

That famous error. Had it once on XP and on Windows 7.

This should fix it up:

EDIT: Backup all your data just in case

Run Regedit (as administrator):

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-16\Components (or 17 or 18 as I cant fully remember which number is the most used)

Look for the entry 8EEF86DD963C1D111A37000A9CA05BF0

Highlight, select Permissions, Add and add in the Administrator, Administrators, SYSTEM accounts and your User account.

Once done, still in the permissions window tick: Full Control - Allow and Read - Allow permissions for all the accounts you have just added.

Next click on Advance.

In the Permissions tab tick the box named Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object, then press the Apply button.

In the Owner tab, highlight the Administrators name and tick the box named Replace owner on sub containers and objects and press the Apply Button.

Do this for each account.

Then just uninstall by ensuring you are an administrator.

An easier way is doing all the above steps but instead of finding the key entry, just go to the permissions menu by right clicking on Components folder.

Upvote 0

jigsaw

Thread author
Jan 18, 2013
McLovin said:
Hello and welcome,

Have you tried doing a system restore to a time before you installed the software?

Thanks for ur reply. System Restore was not an option for me and there was not many System Restore points :(

Upvote 0

jigsaw

Thread author
Jan 18, 2013
Biozfear said:
jigsaw said:
Dear fellows,

Thanks in advance.

That famous error. Had it once on XP and on Windows 7.

This should fix it up:

EDIT: Backup all your data just in case

Run Regedit (as administrator):

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-16\Components (or 17 or 18 as I cant fully remember which number is the most used)

Look for the entry 8EEF86DD963C1D111A37000A9CA05BF0

Highlight, select Permissions, Add and add in the Administrator, Administrators, SYSTEM accounts and your User account.

Once done, still in the permissions window tick: Full Control - Allow and Read - Allow permissions for all the accounts you have just added.

Next click on Advance.

In the Permissions tab tick the box named Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object, then press the Apply button.

In the Owner tab, highlight the Administrators name and tick the box named Replace owner on sub containers and objects and press the Apply Button.

Do this for each account.

Then just uninstall by ensuring you are an administrator.

An easier way is doing all the above steps but instead of finding the key entry, just go to the permissions menu by right clicking on Components folder.

It works..thnx a lot.. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.