Advice Request Can't install CIS on win7 ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

global033

Thread author
Jan 29, 2020
Hi,
Trying to use CIS offline installer on win7 and install fail after error 2148098050. "Comodo is not signed".

I made differents verifications before posting here.
- checksum was check after downloading.
- I used two differents hardwares in order to eliminate machines issues:
win7 32 and 64 editions failed to install with same error.
win10 no error and working firewall.

Comodo stop supporting win7 ? Bug in software ? Something I missed ?

Thanks for help.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

1- Ditch Win7, because no one sane security-wise would use an vulnerable OS which will not receive security fixes...
2- Ditch Comodo, was excellent when it was just a Firewall, now it is just crap and buggy (note: i was a fan before).

But i feel you won't listen my advices :p

global033

Thread author
Jan 29, 2020
yes using win10 station... but following your question, I downloaded file from differents stations XP, W10 32&64 and get the same installation failure on W7 machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: show-Zi

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Perhaps your issue is similar to the requirement ESET users need to install in Windows 7

Maybe you need to install this

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
If you right-click on the installer file, and choose properties, and then the digital signature tab, what does it say? If you double-click an entry in the signature list, Windows should check the sig and tell you if it is valid or not.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It seems that there have already been some reports of problems installing on win7, but the same countermeasures pointed out by @Azure are mentioned.
This comodo forum has a link to the 6882 offline installer which is more stable than the latest version. We recommend that you try it. The latest version seems to have many problems, and measures seem to be significantly delayed

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
@global033...I have a question. Where have you found your offiline installers? I have a few for Comodo but I would like to find offline for Comodo firewall v 11 for XP/Vista/7. Thanks...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I followed yours advices.

As my hardware is not the cause and my windows correctly patched for SH2, I tryed old releases until v10.2.0.6526 works. I suspect issue come from editor. Hopfully If not last release, this one is not too old !
It is supposed to update itself. Or you can tell it to look for updates.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

But for me, PCs are not allowed to connect to internet. Only AV software can update and only trough a dedicated relay.
Lol then any AV or Comodo on an offline system is overkill and waste of resources... hahaha.
Just use an Anti-Exe or a light virtualization software (Shadow Defender, etc...), way more efficient.

Last edited by a moderator:

global033

Thread author
Jan 29, 2020
Lol then any AV or Comodo on an offline system is overkill and waste of resources... hahaha.
It also protect Not Internet Connected Systems from users ;)

Anti-Exe or a light virtualization software (Shadow Defender, etc...), way more efficient.
Thanks I learn something. I tryed checksum softs but not easy to work with.

have a nice day

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thanks I learn something. I tryed checksum softs but not easy to work with.
have a nice day
try Shadow defender, once activated (Shadow Mode), everything you do on the system is virtualized and when you reboot all changes are negated.
It is the best solution for an offline system, no need even a internet connection since it doesn't require any daily updates.

Reactions: harlan4096

global033

Thread author
Jan 29, 2020
thanks for advice, I will try. Seems attractive...

A lot of editors thinks today that all hardware must be connected :(

Have a nice day

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.