Can't send Tweets? Hit the daily tweet limit? It's not just you

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017

What you need to know​

• Twitter users are having trouble sending Tweets or retweeting posts.
  • A "daily limit" error is causing the problem with an imposed 6 Tweets per day limit.
  • It's not known if the change is intentional or how widespread the problem is.

If you're like me, you probably Tweet a few times per day. Today, on my seventh Tweet at around 5 PM ET, Twitter told me that I had reached the "daily limit for sending Tweets." I wasn't sure what to make of this but it looks like I'm not alone.
After reaching out to friends and colleagues, it appears that a change has been made at Twitter that's preventing people from sending more than six Tweets per day. Twitter has been(opens in new tab) making lots of changes(opens in new tab) ever since Elon Musk took over the company but it's not known if this change was intentional or not.
If you're seeing the error, just know that you're not alone. We'll continue to update this article as we learn more information.

Last edited by a moderator:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yep, at first I thought a bot-spammer had seized control of my acct. but no, there's a Reddit thread assuring all readers that it's some kind of bug. Massive cuts to personnel will result in things like this, I guess.

I post there maybe 3 times/week. Honest. 🤚 I got this message just a short while ago. 6 posts a day--no way, not here!

First thing I did was check whether my password was pwned (it was not). So yeah, looking forward to any updates on this. 👍

twit limit.PNG

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Probably not related but maybe.

• Wow
Reactions: piquiteco

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.