Cat Brings Home Bag of Marijuana, Owner Rats It Out

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Cat-Brings-Home-Bag-of-Marijuana-Owner-Rats-It-Out.jpg

We've all heard about cats bringing home dead birds, mice and even odd things such as socks and underwear.
But a Halfway Bush cat has taken it one furry step further by presenting its owner with a 5g bag of cannabis.

Sergeant Reece Munro, of Dunedin, said police received a call from a woman in Ashmore St about 6pm yesterday, concerned her cat had left ''a bag of drugs'' on her front doorstep.

''It was approximately 5g of cannabis, which has a street value of between $100 and $150.''

The cat's owner was very pleased to have the evidence removed and Sgt Munro declined to identify the cat or its owner.

''You hear of cats bringing dead birds and rats home but certainly in my career I've never seen anything like this before.

''I guess you never really know who's keeping you honest these days, do you?'' Sgt Munro said the origins of the the cannabis remained a mystery.

''We will continue our investigation and look at having the plastic bag fingerprinted.''

He said there was perhaps potential to add feline cunning to the police armoury.

''We certainly have police dogs trained to detect drugs - this might be something police could explore in the future.''

Source

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
i think will have a way to stop drugs like that have cats be drug detectors and this way we can put more drug dealers in jail and off the streets

Reactions: Prorootect

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you, Littlebits!:) This wonderful marijuana retrieving kitty also happened to be the spitting image of the first cat I'd ever loved whose name was Pepper. This was another reason for the lasting smile upon my face, lol!!:D

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
Can you imagine what would have happened if the police found the Marijuana on the cat owner's front doorstep before she did?
Do you think they would have believed her when she said the cat did it? :rolleyes:

Thanks. :D

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Can you imagine what would have happened if the police found the Marijuana on the cat owner's front doorstep before she did?
Do you think they would have believed her when she said the cat did it? :rolleyes:

Thanks. :D
yes it is, but i'm sure you're not a cat as on that topic..another reason to hiding..

Reactions: Ulikedat

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
i think will have a way to stop drugs like that have cats be drug detectors and this way we can put more drug dealers in jail and off the streets

It's just weed dude, you allready have enough people in your prisons allready. Put your taxes at better use, seriously ..... Putting ppl in jail over smoking a natural herb from time to time, that's just retarded. Land of the free?

feline cunning (lmao)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Very cool story, Littlebits, thanks! Never seen the marijuana or cannabis bag ..
.. and the picture is stunning!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.