CBAD Cloud Antimalware 2014

Will you support, review and share our software with other webpages?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
CBADS.png

FMA Intel-Secure CBAD Cloud Antimalware 2014 Will be online within a day if everything works out as intended.

We are fixing some minor bugs and polishing the code, so bare with us.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Not for me, cause this cumbersome .NET Framework .. bad decision to use it in the code of this antimalware.
@Prorootect
Naah .NET Framework is a hidden GEM if you know how to use it. And yes traditionally .NET is not that good as you said, but if you know how to code and do it properly (taking into account the pro's and con's) and work your project to safe guard that.
Then .NET is a fantastic program, not to mention that some very big AV companies use .NET within their programs, just people do not know that.
Infact some of the biggest and best programs in the world run on a .NET core. Because .NET is for more comprehensive then people give it credit for. In essence .NET is just a upgraded Win32 code. And 90% of the software running in for example the industry is Win32 & .NET.
But thats ok as its "cumbersome" right? o_O

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Your statements are of developer, coder.
Mines - from a user perspective (eventual user).
- You want to make your software for developers, or for all Windows users, please?

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
It's free version has on-demand scan only, and paid version has Realtime protection.
I like to know that if paid version has the capacity to work as a Companion Antivirus like Malwarebytes/Baidu/Immunet/Webroot?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
It's free version has on-demand scan only, and paid version has Realtime protection.
I like to know that if paid version has the capacity to work as a Companion Antivirus like Malwarebytes/Baidu/Immunet/Webroot?

We have developed our very own Next-Generation CBAD engine that analysis your system for
malicious data and hidden threats using our own advanced Cloud detection.
Which offers advanced on-demand security in addition to that provided by traditional security
applications such as firewalls, anti virus software and spyware detection software.

*caugh* *caugh* *caugh* :rolleyes: reading use to be a mandatory skill ...what happens to the world these days:D
Just kidding m8, i hope this explains.

M

MalwareT

|Question| Does this scanner works like Hitman Pro (internet connection is required during scan) ? Can't wait to try it :D

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Your statements are of developer, coder.
Mines - from a user perspective (eventual user).
- You want to make your software for developers, or for all Windows users, please?

Lol how about MS office? and their other MS products? 90% are written with .NET
So what do you mean for all users? just because .NET is not opensource? Do you have any idea how many home applications are written in .NET? or have a .NET core?
Writing a program in .NET does not mean that its only .NET as C and other languages can be written in it as well.
.NET is a CLI language, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CLI_languages.

My point again is that your personal pref is for a large part based upon hear and say buddy.
The internet is full with topic's saying that .NET cannot do this or cannot do that, yet 60% of all programs found on a average computer are .NET based.

But to reply to your question i do want my program to be for the masses, however i made the choice together with my team to code it in a .NET based environment.
And thats pretty much the bottom line, and if my products works and works well then who cares if its written in Ying Yang language?
But thanks for the questions as i do understand your point.

Kind Regards Nico

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
|Question| Does this scanner works like Hitman Pro (internet connection is required during scan) ? Can't wait to try it :D

Its a cloud based scanner, so make a educated guess o_O

System requirements:
  • Windows 7, newest SP (32 or 64 bit)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4
  • Computer with Pentium or AMD processor, at least 1.6 GHz
  • At least 250 MB of free hard disk memory space
  • At least 2048 MB RAM under Windows 7
  • Requires ACTIVE internet connection
  • Full Admin rights
;):rolleyes::D
No internet connection = No scan and No updates
Thanks for asking.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'System requirements:
  • Windows 7, newest SP (32 or 64 bit)
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4 ..'
Ah yes, I see, it's only for Windows 7, and .Net Framework 4 is it's native 'feature' ..
- so NO problem to me.
The 'program to be for the masses' with Windows 7.

Thank you!

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
@Prorootect
Thanks for pointing that out.
This is a error from my part and as such i have corrected this.

Our antimalware will support the following operating systems:
Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 ,Windows 8, Windows 8.1,Windows Servers 2008 and
Windows servers 2012 R1 & R2

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
@Nico@FMA downloaded & Installed the the Beta version
  • Download & install was fast without problems on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
  • Quick scan took 3.4 minutes on Ultra Deep,0.6 minutes on Simple & 0.7 minutes on Deep
  • It detected all of my side projects :D which are also detected by Kaspersky,EIS,MBAM,HMP & ESET(and probably most others)
  • My Machine is clean.There were no FP's
  • Scanning was very light and overall no bugs or conflicts
  • Performed one manual scan on Simple which performed well with same results as quick scan and no FP's
  • Full Scan Button doesn't work.Will that work in the final release?
  • I did not test it against any malware

All in all I think it is a very good program and look forward to the final product.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
What is this "Next Generation" engine? What extra it provides when compared to current generation engines? Or that's just a "fancy" term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.