CCE FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom172

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 11, 2011
False positive detection of Malwarebytes. Comodo strikes again!

OYO3d.jpg

POS

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Comodo's Motto: If you can't beat them, delete them.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
False positive detection of Malwarebytes. Comodo strikes again!

Yeah.........get that MBAM rootkit out of there. I heard it is a nasty one! hahahaha

Obvious false positives are the best false positives, at least for the novice.

I

illumination

I thought we were above product bashing in this forum. Almost every single application out there has a FP once in a while.

Tom172

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 11, 2011
thewolfsmith72 said:
I thought we were above product bashing in this forum. Almost every single application out there has a FP once in a while.

It was meant to be more tongue in cheek than anything. Although Comodo has had more than it's fair share of FP's from the amount of time I've been using it.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
As far as I know CCE detects all RunOnce registry entries as malware.
If you just recently installed a new program or updated a program that requires a system reboot, then RunOnce registry entries will be created.

If you delete these RunOnce registry entries it will corrupt the program.
Also applies to Windows Updates and driver updates.

CCE also detected WinPatrol and Sandboxie after I updated them because of the RunOnce registry entries.

CCE has far too many false positives even though all security scanners have the occasional false positive.

Good day.:D

I

illumination

I have seen the false positives too, on a few products as well as this one, and was under the impression we were here to share that facts, doing so with a little tact.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I just added it to my USB stick along with Emisoft's free malware scanner and emergency kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.