App Review CCE test by windowsdefender

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windowsdefender

Thread author
Aug 31, 2011

Was expecting better performance, to be quite honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

savit

Level 1
Apr 9, 2011
CCE = Killswitch + Autoruns + CCE

i use below order how to treat infected pc with malware.

1. Killswitch = kill malware process that use 'kill all unsafe process'

if not run killswitch, run 'shift key + killswitch'

2. Autoruns = delete or unable malware registry that use 'Hide safe Entries'

3. CCE = 'Smart scan -> Full scan' or 'only Full scan'

a. first scan (no need reboot) -> Smart scan

b. second scan (need reboot) -> Full scan

CCE Option
image1mry.jpg

4. end and enjoying pc :)

* Killswitch,Autoruns : Focus = Red color (Malware), ignore = gray color (FLS.Unknown)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Only the Co-Mo-Do Scanner was used, not how you'd be expected to use Co-Mo-Do Cleaning Essentials.

I would apply what savit suggests (also here) and redo the review.

Extremely Advanced Co-Mo-Do users will see this as a flawed review.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its likely the default settings even before from heuristics is low and perhaps could be a bit gap when that settings is changed.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
I am so fired up to make a proper review how to use it but I have never cleaned or tested malware on a wmware machine. I will think about it; I find people making worthless test when a review is made of such tools.

Watch a video response to cce 2.4 for better deeper and better understanding why such review are useless as well as worthless.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
windowsdefender said:
Well I am sorry, I was just using it like an average user. Not all users will use savit's process so I provide a level playing field for all of the product

It's not your fault, Co-Mo-Do should provide some sort of documentation to using CCE, or a first-time starter wizard/guide.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
windowsdefender said:
Well I am sorry, I was just using it like an average user. Not all users will use savit's process so I provide a level playing field for all of the product

I was just using it like an average user - Once again this is not a tool for average user, not even for an advanced user... this is made for special target.

windowsdefender

Thread author
Aug 31, 2011
Valentin N said:
windowsdefender said:

I was just using it like an average user - Once again this is not a tool for average user, not even for an advanced user... this is made for special target.

This debate is completely pointless. I will redo the test.

Morphius

Level 1
Sep 13, 2011
The test was very poor done.
1. You didn't use Aggressive Mode (see here: http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=pl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.comodo.com%2Fpolski-polish%2Fcomodo-cleaning-essentials-poradnik-t79935.0.html%3Bmsg573012%23msg573012&act=url )
2. I bet that CEE even didn't update.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
windowsdefender said:
Valentin N said:
windowsdefender said:

This debate is completely pointless. I will redo the test.

I don't; if someone doesn't know how to use a tool then person in question should not make a review; this will only give wrong image of you and the knowledge that you have.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Remember another YouTube reviewer made a complete fool of himself recently with this product.
This tool (CCE) needs to be "handled with care".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.