Advice Request CCleaner Alternatives?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Hey Guys I know this is a common question but what is a good alternative to ccleaner I have ccleaner portable but still feel a bit suspicious. I know I could do everything manually but feel like I miss stuff. I have Glarys Ultiltes which is great but it dosent clean as good as ccleaner. I run ccleaner then run glary's only finds some registry keys but I run Glary's then ccleaner and ccleaner finds stuff that glary's missed. So curious whats a good alternative heard good about kerish doctor or bleachbit. there is wise products but dont like there ui. Thanks guys any advice is welcomed. FYI Iobit software ecept drivebooster is a no go and system mechanic is no go as well dont trust either.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
there is wise products but dont like there ui.
You do not even have to open WDC, just choose your settings first, then create a shortcut to run the cleanup. I run it at shutdown.
Code:
start "" /wait "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Wise\Wise Disk Cleaner\WiseDiskCleaner.exe" -a

Including advanced cleanup, takes a little longer:
start "" /wait "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Wise\Wise Disk Cleaner\WiseDiskCleaner.exe" -a -adv

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Thank you guys I will try Wise disk cleaner since everyone is recommending it. The free wise disk cleaner ui is smooth and wise cleaned just about everything ccleaner did so seems to be good. Will be trying others. I have used ccleaner for years so sad avast is ruining the best cleaner out there.

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Check out Privazer, the free version does more than enough to clean your PC and protect your privacy on top of that. If you use it, just take some time and study what the options are. Scan first and move your mouse over the options to make sure you mark cookies as safe where you want to stay logged in on.

If you make a donation to get a key then you will have the option to clean your browser after you exit it and schedule cleaning on your PC.

In all honesty Privazer is way better than CCLeaner, with a few exception like it doesn't include the option to clean specific files or folders with the scheduled options.

I used to think CCLeaner was great, but then I heard on these forums that Avast purchased them and included "PHONE HOME" information about anyone using it now. So, when you think about that if it's true then cleaning your PC does you no good if someone is using the cleaning to spy on you in various ways.

Either way, your better off without excess software installed on your PC that you don't use but think you MIGHT use. I've made that mistake myself in the past. Keep it simple and only install what you use, and that means games and other softwares.

Backup what you think you might use later to an external hard drive, and keep only what you actually use on your PC to your main drive. That way you can judge for yourself whatever cleaner you use is doing and see for yourself. Privazer works great IMO. Even the free version.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
'Clean Space' is pretty good, covers almost all browsers & very through, the free version is half decent, there is a slight lack of professionalism but it's IMHO pretty good https:// www.cyrobo.com

Reactions: Nevi and Weebarra

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
You do not even have to open WDC, just choose your settings first, then create a shortcut to run the cleanup. I run it at shutdown.
O wow. I would never let any 3rd party cleaner, even Wise, "clean" my files without showing me which files are being removed. Yea, I know there is a backup feature.

That said Win's Desktop Cleaner run as Administrator is safe and trusted. While it doesn't clean the registry, I'm unconvinced that any registry cleaning can be profitable, unless you are trying to hide your onscreen activities.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Windows built-in for cleaning system junk
Geek uninstaller when uninstalling to avoid leaving traces
CCleaner once a week for browser clean-up - yet i daily tend to remove browsing history manually
I avoid registry cleaning - and use only defrag of windows built-in

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.