Advice Request CCleaner Alternatives?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I also think about leaving Ccleaner. Last time I downloadet it, although I chose custom set up, it didn't show anything, but Avast AV was on my system after! They are way to aggressive in their advertising.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I also think about leaving Ccleaner. Last time I downloadet it, although I chose custom set up, it didn't show anything, but Avast AV was on my system after! They are way to aggressive in their advertising.
Its just spying tool, like im only using it to remove cookies from chrome, whenever i can do that manually whenver i like to

I dont really need it, but it has become habit to have :unsure:

You can try out Privazer, without installation > browser cleanup once a week is more advanced than ccleaner. But i would really run it only once a week, because its slightly slower than ccleaner wich i sometimes use even daily

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I was using Google Chrome and Wise Cleaner for a while, but on updating at the time a version or so ago I noticed it was causing issues with my Google Sync for my settings. I reported the issue to them and they responded back a couple days later saying they were going to address it.

Lately, I got sick of using Google Chrome, so I switched back to Opera. The main reason I hadn't been using Opera was because it was so hard to find a cleaning software that could "EXCLUDE" certain cookies for me. Privazer seems to work fine on doing that and that is why I am now using Privazer only exclusively and nothing else. Thing I don't like about Privazer is no option to add specific files or folders to clean. If it's there, it's not in the version I am using. CCleaner phones home from what I have heard. But who's to say Privazer doesn't also along with Wise Cleaner and every software you use.

Just my thoughts on this subject. I prefer Privazer.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I use WDC and ccleaner both. WDC finds more than ccleaner but it has no option to keep cookies for some sites. So i don't clean cookies with WDC and use CCleaner (blocked with firewall for any connection).

Reactions: Nevi and Weebarra

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
You are right but you need to do it only once for the cookies you want to keep.

Could you clarify what you are saying about doing it once for the cookies you want to keep?

I try to keep the cookies for Malware Tips and other websites where I'm registered. I can put them in the don't remove category on CCleaner or in the protected cookie category on my old version of Advanced Uninstaller Pro. (AUP did away with its cookie feature quite some time ago.) I'm supposing I can't expect one program to respect another program's cookie protection, so I don't use ATF Cleaner for cookie removal.

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I can put them in the don't remove category on CCleaner
This was my point. But i use WDC and keep cookies section unchecked. So WDC doesn't delete any cookies. I had to do google search to know about ATF cleaner:giggle:.

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.04_19h33m00s_001_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.04_19h33m00s_001_.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 314

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
HDCleaner, looks similar to cclenaer and work same way. I have tried most of clenars ppl suggest but they just fk my pc, destroy files importants, needed cookies etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.