Advice Request CCleaner Alternatives?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I have found BleachBit to be the less intrusive, most deeper junk remover/registry cleaner. And it's free.

Of course, it's not an advanced tool like Kerish Doctor which includes 101 tools to shred files and find Atlantis, but it's great for what it's meant to be used.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

why is it free? anyone checked to see how the free cleaners connect to the web with their firewall. I am sticking with ccleaner with not internet connections for data gathering., besides I have a lifetime for pro.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
why is it free? anyone checked to see how the free cleaners connect to the web with their firewall. I am sticking with ccleaner with not internet connections for data gathering., besides I have a lifetime for pro.
It is based on donations like many free software :) Feel free to contribute! Contribute | BleachBit

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

And what is with Ashampoo Winoptimizer

Winoptimizer

Winoptimizer Free

With best Regards
Mops21

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
HDCleaner, looks similar to cclenaer and work same way. I have tried most of clenars ppl suggest but they just fk my pc, destroy files importants, needed cookies etc.

HD Cleaner which is free seems one of the few cleaners that clean Brave Browser, I know you can clean using key short-cuts but that doesn't overwrite. None of the others seem to recognise Brave this includes Wise & CCleaner etc - There are sections of HD Cleaner best avoided & it's a bit busy but does the job.

Reactions: oldschool and dJim

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Is anyone using PrivaZer? I find it a competent cleaner and although I don't enable this, it appears it can preserve cookies in the free version.

It's a French-based company. The only thing: if you require gut-wrenchingly beautiful user interfaces with intuitive functions, lightning fast scan and cleanup speeds and tutorials on what exactly it's cleaning, forget it, go back to whatever you were using before. But I use the "donor's version" and it's fine. It's updated pretty routinely.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Hey Guys I know this is a common question but what is a good alternative to ccleaner I have ccleaner portable but still feel a bit suspicious. I know I could do everything manually but feel like I miss stuff. I have Glarys Ultiltes which is great but it dosent clean as good as ccleaner. I run ccleaner then run glary's only finds some registry keys but I run Glary's then ccleaner and ccleaner finds stuff that glary's missed. So curious whats a good alternative heard good about kerish doctor or bleachbit. there is wise products but dont like there ui. Thanks guys any advice is welcomed. FYI Iobit software ecept drivebooster is a no go and system mechanic is no go as well dont trust either.
why would you feel suspicious of ccleaner? it's owned by avast antivirus. and it has a very long and trusted pre-avast reputation. i like the portable myself and find it does what i need for a clean. it's registry cleaner is light and has never hurt my system in decades of use (and combines well with it's uninstaller to find leftovers). i also find it useful for giving me control of my context-menu. i hate when programs have to mess with my right click button to add themselves to the menu. you can easily remove these entries under startup controls (and that is not an easy feature to find anywhere). but yeah, bleachbit is good. but i find ccleaner doesn't mess up my browser extensions. other cleaners frequently do (so you have to resign into lastpass or WOT, or you lose your personalized settings for your adblocker).

oh, but make sure, in ccleaner, you go into settings and turn off the "run ccleaner when computer starts". and under advanced, uncheck the `skip user account control warning'. those two are bothersome, but it is easy to turn them off.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
why would you feel suspicious of ccleaner? it's owned by avast antivirus. and it has a very long and trusted pre-avast reputation. i like the portable myself and find it does what i need for a clean. it's registry cleaner is light and has never hurt my system in decades of use (and combines well with it's uninstaller to find leftovers). i also find it useful for giving me control of my context-menu. i hate when programs have to mess with my right click button to add themselves to the menu. you can easily remove these entries under startup controls (and that is not an easy feature to find anywhere).
  1. Paranoia from "network hack"
  2. Avast constant bloatware push
  3. CCleaner is actually mediocre at removing junk files.
CCleaner isn't that good, it's just extremely popular over it's lifetime.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
There is a tool called PatchCleaner, sometimes it can clean more than 10 Gigabytes of dead files from the Windows folder. It only looks for orphaned installer files, but if that is what ails you, this is the medicine. If your Windows folder is bloated, try it.

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.