Troubleshoot CCleaner "Failed to Make Connection (26)" issue?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
The other day I had an issue where if I went to tools and tried to see alll the programs installed, I was getting an error. I uninstalled CC and tried to reinstall it and my Lic was not accepted. Am trying Wisecare 365 now but don't like it. It ticks me off that they stopped honering my lifetime lic. I will restore a system image tomorrow and get CC back again and just won't update it anymore.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Dont ever use the uninstaller of ccleaner, its horrible :rolleyes: Anything specific what are you using the ccleaner for?

Upvote 0

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
This article is relevant for the following products:
  • CCleaner Professional
  • Defraggler Professional
  • Recuva Professional
  • Speccy Professional
When you buy one of our Professional products, you get 1 year of software updates and 1 year of priority email support.
At the end of the year, you can renew your license for another year of updates and support. If you choose not to renew your license, you can keep using the product but you won't receive updates with feature improvements and bug fixes, and you won't be able to benefit from priority support.

Reactions: RoboMan
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Thread author
That is probably due to the Software Updater which needs Internet Connection to properly function, is also the default tool in the tools page.
Dont ever use the uninstaller of ccleaner, its horrible :rolleyes: Anything specific what are you using the ccleaner for?
There's nothing horrible about it, it's a simple UI that uses the normal uninstall procedure. It doesn't look for remains nor messes with the PC in anyway.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can't understand why anyone needs anything Piriform Pro, or what advantage you gain over free or built-in. I wouldn't waste my cash on CCC, or Wise for that matter.
"Paid software is better than Free"

Compare: CCleaner Pro Trial - Piriform
Edit: Avast added a new feature "Software Updater".

Last edited:
Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
my lic was a lifetime. always updated and anytime I reinstalled it, my key worked. from my screen shot above you can see the expiry date shows 2014 and that is simply not true.

Reactions: oldschool
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.