ccleaner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
i accidentally deleted google chrome from the install menu its still installed on my system is there anyway to recover it?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
dragonx, did you mean to say Chrome was removed from the list of programs opening at start up?

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
its on the menu where u uninstall programs it says uninstall,delete,disable i deleted chrome from that menu which means it dnt appear in my installation list anymore i just wannaq know how to recover it

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
dragonx1983, if I have read your description correctly you've deleted Chrome, yet it is still on your system. Is that right? CCleaner's uninstall feature has functioned effectively for me whereas previously Chromium based browsers left traces on my system. You can restart and then re-evaluate how the system is behaving. Sometimes changes made to ones system need to catch up in order to display correctly.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
ive linked an image

Untitled.jpg

thats where chrome was deleted i dunno how to restore iit

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Common mistake, these lists are gathered from CCleaner registry with their algorithm to provide it. Therefore reinstallation is required in order to overwrite the entry,

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Just reinstall it again.
Reinstalling is brilliant in it's simplicity...
Common mistake, these lists are gathered from CCleaner registry with their algorithm to provide it. Therefore reinstallation is required in order to overwrite the entry,
...and it looks to be the solution.:)

Last edited:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
If you're using windows 8, you can find the Chrome installation file in the downloads folder. It saves a hell of a lot of messing around ;)

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Be careful if you choose to re-install from somewhere else. I had a six week nightmare cleaning my system from crapware and the like. Was my fault, drunk downloading... ;) On the initial MBAM scan I did after that, I had... yes, wait for it... over 1,200 examples of PUPs, crapware and adware, plus a browser hi-jacker. Six week nightmare, complete system reset was forced - never again unless in drastic circumstances.
Unchecky might help save your arse... http://unchecky.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeXPMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.