CCleaner or Wise Disk Cleaner

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I tried Wise Registry Cleaner. Safe Clean, Default Clean & Advanced Clean. I find it good. Didn't harmed anything on the system except Adobe Reader in a minor way i.e I started Adobe & it automatically installed & fine. No other probs. Quite safe & good registry cleaner.

I checked Wise has disk cleaner too. Is it good & safe like its registry cleaner?
Wise shows more to clean than CCleaner. Even after cleaning with CCleaner, Wise shows more to clean.

Wise or CCleaner?

L

LabZero

Thread author
Ccleaner, It is safe to use.

About registry cleaners: programs that clean the registry keys do not accelerate the PC and, at best, are a waste of time.
It is not necessary to clean the Windows registry.
Theoretically, there are some scenarios in which the registry cleaner could solve a problem but these are isolated cases and infrequent.
Run a registry cleaner program frequently, probably will cause computer problems

If you want to use a registry cleaner, the only one recommended program is CCleaner acting with prudence and not cause problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
CCleaner never broked anything but once it messed a thing in Internet Explorer...dont remember now.
CCleaner registry cleaner is lite but it too once broked Excel...& I couldn't open excel. At that time I searched a lot & found couple commands in cmd & solved the issue.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I would use CCleaner. While by itself it doesn't clean as much as Wise Cleaner, it is safer, and can get a huge edge over Wise Cleaner if you use CCEnhancer which adds far more software to the list.

https://singularlabs.com/software/ccenhancer/

I personally recommend Bleachbit over any other though (far more cleaning than CCleaner. Not only that but it also supports the ini file that CCEnhancer uses to add more software support).

http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net/

I personally use both. CCleaner for quick clean, Bleachbit for deep clean.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You can save a backup before to fix the problems
At that time I didn't know much.

1 query...
Suppose I cleaned registry & did backup. After a month or 2 I started a program that gave error & I suspect registry cleaning. So I decide to restore the cleaned registry but dont know the individual registry to restore & so I restore the whole backed up registry.
Now after registry cleaning & in the period of a month or 2, few programs were updated/upgraded.
Does restoring old registry cleaner backup will affect the programs now?
Same query for disk cleaner too, does restoring disk cleaner backup will affect the programs now?

L

LabZero

Thread author
At that time I didn't know much.

1 query...
Suppose I cleaned registry & did backup. After a month or 2 I started a program that gave error & I suspect registry cleaning. So I decide to restore the cleaned registry but dont know the individual registry to restore & so I restore the whole backed up registry.
Now after registry cleaning & in the period of a month or 2, few programs were updated/upgraded.
Same query for disk cleaner too, does restoring disk cleaner backup will affect the programs now?
Well, the registry backup can be used only for a short time, usually the registry problems occur after a reboot and then it makes sense to restore the registry if you think the problem is due to that.

Within days, the backup is not useful because each operation, installation, uninstallation, delete, edit and writes many registry keys.

The best solution, even if off-topic, is to make regular restore points or better yet a full incremental OS backup.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Why would I want to backup registry on a regular basis?
Because of what you posted here.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
at least it doesn't have awful UI and bundled junk .

I will admit, CCleaner does have a terrible UI and ESET picks up it's bundles every time I download it. Think it was a Google toolbar or something. Also Chrome browser which I believe has been bundled for a long time. Nothing you can't get rid of by simply unchecking it. You'd think a junk file cleaner wouldn't install junk on the system.

The best solution, even if off-topic, is to make regular restore points or better yet a full incremental OS backup.

I back you up on that 100%. It is the best way to fix all problems with one stone.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Because of what you posted here.

You mean with the program you mentioned I can restore old registry backup & that will not affect updated/upgraded programs?

Reactions: Logethica

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
You mean with the program you mentioned I can restore old registry backup & that will not affect updated/upgraded programs?
No it will restore only to the last backed upped point. The same as any form of backup be it full or just registry.

Reactions: Sr. Normal
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.