Not open for further replies.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
raoul90 this was really the problem thats why they released an update in just one day.but on my pc i was having another problem,after reboot some icons on the right corner of the taskbar wheren't appearing :mad:.luckily after the update and turning off the live monitoring the problem did not appear again;)

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Portable version has it disabled by default, not tested the Standard or Slim builds.

Reactions: Kent

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
I have been using cclear for years. It is the best cleaner out there.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I went on and installed version 4.18.4844 and found out that aside from having both active / system monitoring tuned off (as default), when you use >right-click Recycle bin>Run CCleaner it will clean your system but unlike version 17 it will stay and linger on running. You' d have to manually exit it via right-click also. In the Advanced Options there is an option to "Close program after cleaning" but that will only close the program after cleaning when you run CCleaner from it's gui. Even if you tick that and use the right-click it will still stay lingering on. In version 17 I did not have to tick that "on" and when I use the ">right-click Recycle bin>Run CCleaner" program will close automatically after cleaning. So I went back to version 17. It get's the job done for me. I do not need it running when I do not need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.