Cerber 3 virus, please help

JakubS

Thread author
Sep 9, 2016
Hello
I recently get virus cerber3 (Remove Cerber3 ransomware (# HELP DECRYPT # Files Encrypted)) on my notebook SSD. I started to see some new files on desktop for few days, but I was really busy so I ignore it. I think it was about 2-3 days and then it happened, first of all, explorer.exe process was disabled (maybe that was not because of virus) and then my desktop turn to message that my files have been encrypted. In this interval od 2-3 days I had connected my external HD and SD card sometimes (for a small amount of time, like 30 minutes I think). Everything is disabled now. I insert the SD card to the camera and I cant see any photos, only videos ... I What should I do ? Can I look to the drives through live operation system ? I wrote kubuntu 16.04 on DVD, so I can use it. I am really sad and I am affraid of what I will see on the drives... Please try to help me with any advice. I know that my files are most likely gone... But If someone know something that can help, I would be very thankful. Thank you in advance.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.