App Review Cerber Ransomware

• Thread starter MalwareBlockerYT
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

This is a demonstration of Cerber Ransomware. The ransomware that talks! A bit like Cortana...but not as malicious. This is Cerber Ransomware Version 4.1.6!

Thanks for watching :) Any feedback is appreciated!

Finally, please let me know: what should do as a Christmas Special Episode?

Malware Blocker

PS: I will probably be switching editing software soon since my editor at the moment is causing video issues & audio quality issues. The editing stage is basically decreasing the recording quality of both video & audio!

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
The ransomware that talks! A bit like Cortana...but not as malicious
:confused:

I actually prefer this over your previous reviews. If i had to guess why is that this kind of video doesn't require analysis because you already know what it will do(assumed you researched it or analyzed the malware). I assume if you made a script for your reviews recorded after making the video it will improve them at least for my liking.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author

I actually prefer this over your previous reviews. If i had to guess why is that this kind of video doesn't require analysis because you already know what it will do(assumed you researched it or analyzed the malware). I assume if you made a script for your reviews recorded after making the video it will improve them at least for my liking.
Yeah in all of my reviews from now I will be recording the audio after the video & reading from a script. It takes much longer but the voice over should be a little better :) I actually wrote a script for the Immunet review but I think I wrote a better script for this video.

VoodooShield Review/Test is coming tomorrow hopefully :) I need to record the voice over for that too.

Also got any ideas for a Christmas Special video? I cannot really think of any :(

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah in all of my reviews from now I will be recording the audio after the video & reading from a script. It takes much longer but the voice over should be a little better :) I actually wrote a script for the Immunet review but I think I wrote a better script for this video.

VoodooShield Review/Test is coming tomorrow hopefully :) I need to record the voice over for that too.
Yeah, you will write better script based on comments as time passes.
About recommending a Christmas video i have 2 ideas. One hope a ransomware that plays Christmas songs gets released or make a poll of what program/malware users would like to see so you have one that most would want.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Yeah, you will write better script based on comments as time passes.
About recommending a Christmas video i have 2 ideas. One hope a ransomware that plays Christmas songs gets released or make a poll of what program/malware users would like to see so you have one that most would want.
Thanks for the suggestions. The Christmas song Ransomware would be a pretty good video :)

W

Wave

Thread author
I found this review really funny (in a good way), the part about the *wink* made me laugh a lot... I don't know why but it just did, and I've never laughed whilst watching a security review before in my life so that is a positive thing. :)

Keep up the good work, I also agree that this review is much better with the audio afterwards.

Also got any ideas for a Christmas Special video? I cannot really think of any :(
Maybe a rootkit, exploit or a comparison between multiple security products?

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I found this review really funny (in a good way), the part about the *wink* made me laugh a lot... I don't know why but it just did, and I've never laughed whilst watching a security review before in my life so that is a positive thing. :)

Keep up the good work, I also agree that this review is much better with the audio afterwards.

Maybe a rootkit, exploit or a comparison between multiple security products?
Wow glad to know that one of my jokes actually made someone laugh ;) I will try to add more in occasionally - this is an advantage of scripting!

Also thank you for the suggestion I will have a look around...

I agree with what was said. This video was a massive improvment. It is relaxing and fun to watch while being educational. About the christmas video maybe make a funny video and it should be fine.
Thanks :) Hopefully more videos will be like this! Also thank you for the suggestion.

I will try to make the Christmas Special video funny, interesting & entertaining. I just need to find the right malware for it...

Oh by the way Dani I tested XVirus Personal Guard today. I should have it ready for uploading by next weekend :)

Good news is that I've managed to fix the audio issue in my editing software! Now I need to try & improve the video quality.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Video was fine for me. Sound i noticed it even though it was less of a problem than your first videos.
Yeah the audio has improved because I bought a Blue Yeti mic but recently my editing software has been playing with the sound & causing distortion - the original .wav file sounds great & then after editing the video doesn't sound as good...

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks :) Hopefully more videos will be like this! Also thank you for the suggestion.

I will try to make the Christmas Special video funny, interesting & entertaining. I just need to find the right malware for it...

Oh by the way Dani I tested XVirus Personal Guard today. I should have it ready for uploading by next weekend :)

Hope it did good :)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hope it did good :)
Ok I checked. Well...it's didn't do too bad & I hope you like the review once I've posted it but it let through Cerber Ransomware - literally this file which I executed in this demo. It did pretty well in the prevention test otherwise. No as well in the detection test. I was very impressed with it though :)

Yes! Please :)
Ok I will upload a full edited version tomorrow

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Sure, you could do a vid on the upcoming Santa Ransomware v0.9, demanding you being a good guy for a whole year to get your files out :)
Not that I've ever dived into Darknet, but I'm sure we'll see this one day :D

Back to topic and seriously:
I did not have the time to watch your vid yet, be on a visit. Will watch it as soon as I'm home, where I have unlimited internet :)
If I have a idea for a vid, I'll tell, however I agree on the present input :)

EDIT: I've now watched the vid! Very well done @MalwareBlockerYT, now I want more!
Cerber is one of the most interesting ransomwares, it's technically pretty cool (though it's malware...). When I saw the first vid on this one, and didn't know about the audio output part, I was kinda what the ...
Also, I really love the red colour UI of the newest release :) Maybe I should stop being @ this place, I like malware :D But only if it get's stopped.

Last edited:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Ok I checked. Well...it's didn't do too bad & I hope you like the review once I've posted it but it let through Cerber Ransomware - literally this file which I executed in this demo. It did pretty well in the prevention test otherwise. No as well in the detection test. I was very impressed with it though :)

I'll work to improve ransomware detetion for next verson :) Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.