Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Cruelsister's video regarding her procedure to edit the TVL is very helpful but I discovered that it was applicable to version 8. When I tried the same to v10, every time I de-selected what I wanted to keep, it also de-selected the ALL check box as well, so I could not remove all of the selected items.

I posted on the Comodo forum, and they were telling me that this is normal behavior:

Editing the Trusted Vendors List in Comodo Firewall v10 - Defense+ / Sandbox Help - CIS

That being said, I found a workaround where I deleted all entries in the TVL, and then ran a Ratings Scan which repopulated the list with almost all the software on my PC except for Unrecognized which I then submitted for analysis.

I am not saying this is the cure but it might be useful to others here facing the same dilemma in version 10.

In my case, it proved satisfactory but I caution others here to use it at your own risk, and think it through.

Thanks.

Reactions: Tiny
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.