Advice Request CFW Test..

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
ok, just a quick one...(hopefully).. after updating to Firewall 10, I'm beginning to feel that CFW is not working as it should.So, is there anything that I can download, that is known to be sandboxed when run... just as a test.. cheers.

Reactions: given

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Download and install RanSim (you may need to unblock the download), turn off your AV's real-time protection then run the test. All components should be sandboxed and the result should be 10/10 Not Vulnerable. (Assuming you're running it in proactive with @cruelsister's settings.)

Feel free to use fake details to fill out the form that allows you to download it.

Last edited:

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Download and install RanSim (you may need to unblock the download), turn off your AV's real-time protection then run the test. All components should be sandboxed and the result should be 10/10 Not Vulnerable. (Assuming you're running it in proactive with @cruelsister's settings.)

Feel free to use fake details to fill out the form that allows you to download it.

thank you, I'll give it a shot..

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
thank you, I'll give it a shot..
I should've said turn off your AV's real-time protection before downloading it as Avast blocked the download for me. Just keep your AV turned off until you've confirmed CFW is working and you've uninstalled RanSim.

Last edited:

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
just one thing I noticed.... there are 0 items showing in the 'contained apps'...?

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017

Thanks man. I tried with Voodoshield... Received dozens of alerts so no problems here :)

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
just one thing I noticed.... there are 0 items showing in the 'contained apps'...?
If contained apps refers to the actual sandbox then they'd have either been terminated by Comodo when they tried to elevate their privilege or self-terminated (depending on your privilege elevation settings) and wouldn't be in the sandbox anymore.

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you're using VDS Pro, turn off its blacklist AV and test purely against VoodooAI. Most AV vendors have RanSim's components in their signatures by now.

I noticed that. Will try VoodoAI solo ASAP. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.