Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Cats-4_Owners-2!
First of all i would thank you for your advise and for your time :) As i said before for MBAM & CCleaner i was using them in the past but now i'm not because they cause problems. @Klipsh and @hjlbx advise was very important because i never thinking for a backup image of my OS.
As for KIS 2015 i think that it is one of the best Internet Security software that is avalaible right now, in the last year i was using KIS 2014 and if we compare KIS 2014 with KIS 2015 you will see that it's more "lighter" (i don't know if i use the right word) than KIS2014. Also it's have a new feature "Cloud Protection" but i had never tried it yet. I hope i will try it later.
Finally for passwords safe, in the past i was using kaspersky password manager, now i'm using StickyPassword 7 and i change because the extensions of KPM that is not compatible with the latest version of Chrome Borwser.
Hello @Charbel. Although I've been very happy using LastPass, I have read of StickyPassword's good reputation among members whom also use it here on MT.:)
I'm gratified to know KIS ranks high with you. It has become our personal replacement for ESET NOD 32, for protecting our Windows 7 SP 1. It can be frustrating, I know, whenever formerly compatible apps (as you'd mentioned MBAM & CCleaner) no longer play well with other programs on your system.

Another well proven cleaner you can take a closer look at is also one I'm going to try after reading good things from both staff & members here. It's called Privazer.
Here is a link to read more, & possibly download, from Softpedia.
As a user of Chrome, and for greater privacy, (in Chrome) go to
"Settings"...
  1. ..then scroll down to click on "Advanced Settings"
  2. Under Privacy choose "Content settings" >> "Cookies"
  3. Check the box beside "Block 3rd party cookies & site data"
  4. Also mark the circle "Keep local data only until I close my browser"
Thanks!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Charbel and LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Charbel : At default scan configuration, tracking cookies are enabled so you may disabled from scanning tab.

But SAS database signatures/heuristics are not already in its stable stage which for some reason already far behind from other scanners like MBAM.

Charbel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2015
@Charbel : At default scan configuration, tracking cookies are enabled so you may disabled from scanning tab.

But SAS database signatures/heuristics are not already in its stable stage which for some reason already far behind from other scanners like MBAM.
Thanks for the info @jamescv7 i will disable it :) As for SAS i have already unistall it :)

Charbel

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 17, 2015
Hello @Charbel. Although I've been very happy using LastPass, I have read of StickyPassword's good reputation among members whom also use it here on MT.:)
I'm gratified to know KIS ranks high with you. It has become our personal replacement for ESET NOD 32, for protecting our Windows 7 SP 1. It can be frustrating, I know, whenever formerly compatible apps (as you'd mentioned MBAM & CCleaner) no longer play well with other programs on your system.

Another well proven cleaner you can take a closer look at is also one I'm going to try after reading good things from both staff & members here. It's called Privazer.
Here is a link to read more, & possibly download, from Softpedia.
As a user of Chrome, and for greater privacy, (in Chrome) go to
"Settings"...
  1. ..then scroll down to click on "Advanced Settings"
  2. Under Privacy choose "Content settings" >> "Cookies"
  3. Check the box beside "Block 3rd party cookies & site data"
  4. Also mark the circle "Keep local data only until I close my browser"
Thanks!:D
I don't know anything about LastPass and when i was searching for the replacer of KPM i find StickyPassword Manager and then i search for reviews and i read also good repluation everywhere :)
Before 3-4 years i had been a ESET Smart Security user but when it faild to stop some viruses on my system then i delete it and install Kaspersky PURE and i was protected with it for 2 years and then i install KIS because it was more lite than pure and since from 2013 i'm a KIS user :D

I will try Privazer and i will tell you my opinion! Also i will change this settings in Chrome :) Thanks for the advise!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.