Not open for further replies.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Hello everyone! I want have a new computer for use with Photoshop , Illustrator and sometimes with After Effects and Premiere Pro. haven't much money for now and would like to know your opinion about these components for a new PC.

• Processor: AMD FX-6300 3,5GHz
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 Kingstone HyperX
  • HDD: 1TB Seegate Barracuda
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte 780LMT-USB3
  • Graphics: Not for now...

So.. What do u think about this? Thanks! :oops:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
All good except Seagate......it really sucks
I had 2 Seagate hard drives in the past and one external....none of them working now. I used them for approx 1 year, then they start to fail me.....
Western Digital is my choice since then.......never failed me and believe me i make an extreme use of my PC for 12-15 hours per day including
designing programs as well as music production ones

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
I use
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 641 2,8GhZ
4GB Ram
Toshiba 500GB HDD+ Samsung 1TB external
AMD Radeon 7770HD
and i use Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and work very fast.

Your config look good but what graphic card u want? (For editing video buy Nvidia for CUDA rendering)

Reactions: YuanJiawj

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You will need decent Graphics card for rendering videos in Premiere Pro and other CC apps.

Additional monthly costs for an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Will this config work without graphics card?
maybe in 1 month max i can buy one, i think add Nvidia Geforce Gtx 750ti :oops:

I had 2 Seagate hard drives in the past and one external....none of them working now. I used them for approx 1 year, then they start to fail me.....
Western Digital is my choice since then.......never failed me and believe me i make an extreme use of my PC for 12-15 hours per day including
Ok, i think than is a good idea change to WD... :D
I use
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 641 2,8GhZ
4GB Ram
Toshiba 500GB HDD+ Samsung 1TB external
AMD Radeon 7770HD
and i use Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and work very fast.

Your config look good but what graphic card u want? (For editing video buy Nvidia for CUDA rendering)
i think than Nvidia Geforce Gtx 750ti is more than enough for now, i only think use Premiere/AE/ sometimes.
You will need decent Graphics card for rendering videos in Premiere Pro and other CC apps.

Additional monthly costs for an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.
Nvidia Geforce Gtx 750ti what do u think? as i said before, i think use Premiere Pro/AE only sometimes. well about CC subscrition i've one legal for 2 years more. :eek:

Blitz

Jan 27, 2015
Hi, I need cheap and good pc about 300-400 Euros, somebody can help to build it? Parts what i need:
-Pc case
-PSU
-Motherboard
-CPU
-VGA
-HDD
-Cheap CD/DVD reader

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

That's odd

I am on a Seagate Hard Drive now, which is (10 yrs old)... and still running same fast/responsive way.
At one point it had just 11% space left, still fine, and back to 88%
It's been used all day-night on peer 2 peer DL's /UL's back in 2005-2007 in praticular.

Maybe its not Seagate's hardware, but whom you bought from? ... :eek:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015

I agree 100% with you here. I have a 250GB Seagate and 250GB Western Digital. The Seagate was the main OS storage but started to report disk read errors even with disk scans being run directly from Seagate Tools. It found nothing wrong but there is something wrong. The thing like to spin down for no reason sometimes and it wasn't even a secondary drive.

So I switch my Western Digital over to master drive and Seagate as a slave drive which is used for media storage (that I have offline storage on but have OneDrive sync everything on it). (For anyone who doesn't know, master and slave drive is a real term. Just pointing that out to avoid any possible misunderstandings). The Seagate has been doing good as a media drive but stalled a lot as a OS drive.

I personally highly recommend Western Digital over any other drive.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
For transcoding, you can't beat intel integrated graphics...not even high-end gaming GPUs.

I agree: Seagate turned sour. I've had bad experiences with WD Blue (50% failure rate just outside warranty, 12 drives) but really like my WD Black drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.