Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritannicaWho

Thread author
Nov 12, 2013
I'm by no means naive about anything computer-related but in recent years I see malware and various undesirable code becoming more and more pervasive. Organized crime is now employing hackers for financial gain that often times comes direct from the consumer. If you have Bank of America, at least.

Seriously though, I used to make sure I had a reputable antivirus and a firewall. Now you need these, with far better performance, and that's just to avoid too bloated of malware protection, registry protection, script blocking, flash control, NFC exploits that make their way to your life's personal archive for many of us: our hard drive(s).

In short, I'm trying to stay a step ahead and I've had some strange neutral changes going on lately that resulted in a Google search sending me to the Zemana Antilogger License Giveaway.

Now I just need to find a program that will ensure the connections to my built in mic's and webcams are legitimate.. (seriously, unfortunately, that's related to the above-mentioned problem.)

Anyway, excited to learn what I've been missing, cheers for creating and maintaining a much needed forum.

BritannicaWho

Thread author
Nov 12, 2013
Hi All

Quick test - I posted an intro about an hour ago maybe? I tried to post soon after when it didn't show up, throwing up a message that I'd already posted that message in this forum.. still not seeing it. So I'm trying a different message, see how that goes.

(I tried to activate again and it said I was set, but I tried posting in another section of the forums and that reply didn't take either.. advice, mods?)

-Nice meetin' y'all again.

BritannicaWho

Thread author
Nov 12, 2013
Ahh, being new, makes sense. I think I was just a little excited to enter to win a license and find out if my computer is still bugged haha, thank you.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.