App Review Chome Security/Reputation extensions - Comparison

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hi

What would uBlock Origin's result if you have used the default filters? Would it perform better?

Thansk
it would be 0-0-0 if I used the default settings
those customs filters improved the result

I added more filters, didn't remove any default filters

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
uBlock has default uBlock filters. Any reason why you are adding uBlock filters to Custom?

Thanks
sorry I don't understand your question.
ublock's default filters are all enabled. I checked some more filters + adding some phishing, malware filters from filterlists.com. All custom filters were shown in the bottom of the ublock setting scene. There was a filter called "ublock filter +" which is used to block popups

could you please explain more about your question? I think I misunderstood it

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
sorry I don't understand your question.
ublock's default filters are all enabled. I checked some more filters + adding some phishing, malware filters from filterlists.com. All custom filters were shown in the bottom of the ublock setting scene. There was a filter called "ublock filter +" which is used to block popups

could you please explain more about your question? I think I misunderstood it
You pointed rightly. There's uBlock filters by default and you have also added to Custom. Are they not the same uBlock filters?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
You pointed rightly. There's uBlock filters by default and you have also added to Custom. Are they not the same uBlock filters?
no they are not the same

uBlock Filters Plus: A filterlist with additional filters for uBlock Origin. Contains filters specific to uBlock Origin (like popunder filters) and some filters that have not yet been added to other filterlists.

it can block popups well
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/I...k-Filters-Plus/master/uBlock-Filters-Plus.txt

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain why did you recommend ublock origin instead of adguard adblocker? Adguard seems to include a better phishing protection
I only recommend adguard adblocker for non-chromium browsers or browsers which don't have google safe browsing API (firefox, opera,...)
adguard uses google browsing API for its blocking (a weaker version, I believe, because it missed 1 link that was blocked by google API and completely missed all malware links)

moreover, all adguard's filters can be added into ublock. You can see in the video, I added "Adguard DNS filter" [which adguard uses to block extra malwares, phishing compared to google API] and Adguard English filter, adguard spyware

if we use google chrome or chromium browser, adguard provides 0 advantage in blocking (except Adguard DNS filter list - it can block something but not many). If I take the result from google API and substract the result from adguard => adguard will get a minus number result (-11)

ublock origin, we can add hphosts phishing, malware, fraud, exploit filters and some disconnect malware filters, stevenblack's all-in-one hosts,...
they can improve blocking ability. Although just slightly compared to avira browser safety

I'm personally using uBO, avira and norton (norton is extremely light and almost comsumes 1-2% of CPU when I open 23 tabs at the same time, while avira can reach 10%, BD = a lot of CPU)

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Has anyone else experienced conflicts using Avira Browser Safety with uBO? I did so switched from uBO to Adguard and I've had no problems (also use Norton ConnectSafe).

So @Evjl's Rain would you say using Adguard as part of this combo provides little benefit? Also any suggestions on sorting out the uBO conflict? Excellent work here btw

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Has anyone else experienced conflicts using Avira Browser Safety with uBO? I did so switched from uBO to Adguard and I've had no problems (also use Norton ConnectSafe).

So @Evjl's Rain would you say using Adguard as part of this combo provides little benefit? Also any suggestions on sorting out the uBO conflict? Excellent work here btw
you can try to disable avira's tracking protection. it would reduce the probablity of conflict

if you see avira and ubo blocking the same malware links, just ignore it
conflicts don't affect your browsing experience. Just bit annoying

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.