Advice Request Choosing RAM

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zartarra

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Hello

I am building a new AMD Ryzen 3 system. My dilemma is the RAM. On my list I have:

32 GB 3200:
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2B3200C16: on motherboard vendor support list
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16: not on motherboard vendor support lisl
  • Kingston HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K2/32: not on motherboard vendor support list
  • Kingston HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K4/32: on motherboard vendor support list

32 GB 3333:
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4C3333C16: not on motherboard vendor support list
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2C3333C16: not on motherboard vendor support list
Does anyone has any suggestion or/and opinions?

Thanks

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
I'd say Kingston HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K4/32. It's the safe bet since it's compatible. Ryzen loves fast ram regardless, so I think you'll be good

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

songoku316

Level 6
Verified
Jul 25, 2014

JimHdy

Level 1
Oct 6, 2019
As long as the RAM is compatible the brand doesn't really matter. Kingston, Crucial, Corsair and all the other name brands are all perfectly fine. The only difference is the exact look of the sticks. All the chips are just stock chips made by the same couple companies, which are then assembled by the RAM manufacturer whatever brand that may be, so they aren't really any diffrent from brand to brand.

Reactions: Venustus
L

Local Host

I personally like Corsair and Crucial but the above post is true, in the end they're all about the same.
People who believe that are the ones who end up wasting money, with RAM failing to reach the advertised performance, especially with high speeds (out of spec) modules for Ryzen.

You should buy RAM that is on your MB support list to avoid problems. Not to mention there's difference in the material used even among the same brand, which will affect how well the RAM will perform.

Will using one stick (on Ryzen) or two sticks in the AA slots (instead of AB) or even different brands work? Yes it will, will it perform as advertised? No.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.