Christian Aquino's Security Config

Christian Aquino

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 11, 2015
I'm basically trying to make a security configuration which uses free products only. Though I've used some paid ones before like bitdefender and the premium version of malwarebytes. I'm also trying to understand learn how does virtualization works. Currently, I'm testing multiple free antivirus and see which one I would prefer.

So any suggestion? Preferably for the Real-Time Protection section and Backup/Recovery Section? Since I haven't tried doing a mirror backup before.

Thanks! :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Please specify which version of Windows you are using and edit your config
I would consider an additional back up
Config looks good thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: scot and LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Optional: You may remove WOT since Adguard incorporate that already (except the safety icon ratings).

Qihoo TS is totally good just be aware on its FP rates that can be occur due to their QVM engine.

Well the better way to update the drivers are from manufacturers itself (not 3rd party) and sometimes use it if there's an issue occur to fix bugs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.