Chrome 53 breaks HTTPS Everywhere

S

Smith83

To say it's a reason not to use Chrome, as @frogboy mentioned isn't a good reason, but a biased view upon Chrome.

Some people like Internet Explorer, some people like Opera. Some people know one is trash for one reason or another, I just personally do not like Chrome. Can not really say why, just like you might not like to eat a certain type bread I guess. I suppose you could get into the whole security thing, but I have not had any issues with FireFox so it works for me...

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Hi
i'm Found a Solution.
Open Chrome Store and Find https Everywhere and click on it.
You see Yellow Toolbar that said this extension is Disabled in browser.
Click on 'Enable' on this message and you see problem solved.
Correct :D

I had issues with extensions on Chrome in the past. HTTPS Everywhere being one of them.

When an extension is broken or corrupted, you can see a repair option on Chrome:// Extension. However this option doesn't always work.

A much better solution, that as always worked for me, is to go to the chrome store page of that extension and clicking the enabled ob the yellow toolbar.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.