Chrome About Blank Problem

GavinConnolly

Thread author
Oct 31, 2016
Hi,
My name is Gavin Connolly and I've been having problems using Google Chrome recently.
I'm getting an awful lot of about.blank pop-ups as well as other spam pages opening randomly whenever I click on anything in Chrome.
I googled the problem and followed the steps from your site to try an fix it but it didn't work unfortunately.
I used the AdwCLeaner, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, Hitman Pro, Zemana AntiMalware and I've reset browser to default too. All the scans came up with different problems that were then removed but the problem persists.
I'm hoping you'll be able to help.

I've attached the FRST and Addition.txt files from the FarBar recovery scan tool too. I forgot to click log files on the AdwCleaner when I ran it so I can't attach anything for it.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    87.2 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.