• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
You might say I'm crazy, but I use Opera Next, Firefox Nightly, and Chrome Canary. Is Chrome Canary x64 better than Firefox Nightly (x86)? I use x64.

Reactions: yigido

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They don't come without risks for being extremely buggy. Chrome Canary user for a few months now, problems I've faced from breaking websites, flash not working, no About page, X button not working, and to top it off multiple updates over a few days. And may make some extensions only partially operational.

Use at your own risk.

Y

yigido

I never use Canary. I was using Firefox Nightly (x64). It is very stable for home use. I am also using Firefox Aurora which is more stable than Nigthly. Nightly gets updates daily. Firefox Aurora gets updates each 2-3 days.
Only issue is I had, some extensions does not support these builds. You are good to go Aurora, I think. But remember, these browsers are testing purpose only.

Reactions: Cowpipe

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I never use Canary. I was using Firefox Nightly (x64). It is very stable for home use. I am also using Firefox Aurora which is more stable than Nigthly. Nightly gets updates daily. Firefox Aurora gets updates each 2-3 days.
Only issue is I had, some extensions does not support these builds. You are good to go Aurora, I think. But remember, these browsers are testing purpose only.
Funny thing is, I feel Aurora is too tame. I like to take some risks :)
They don't come without risks for being extremely buggy. Chrome Canary user for a few months now, problems I've faced from breaking websites, flash not working, no About page, X button not working, and to top it off multiple updates over a few days. And may make some extensions only partially operational.

Use at your own risk.
So, are you saying Firefox Nightly is more stable than Canary? I've had a VERY bad experience with Aurora, pages would load too long and everything wouldn't work. However, Nightly didn't have this issue! :)

Reactions: Cowpipe

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I don't use any of those so I don't know which is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: omidomi

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
I have used Chrome Canary but didn't face any bugs till now so if you like to take a risks you should go with Chrome Canary.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I never try to judge an unfinished product, it would be like trying to say which half painted house looks the best.
These test builds are for testing only and should not be used for normal browsing.

Enjoy!! :D

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I never try to judge an unfinished product, it would be like trying to say which half painted house looks the best.
These test builds are for testing only and should not be used for normal browsing.

Enjoy!! :D

This was funny about the half painted house.... Your comments are always the best. :oops:

Y

yigido

Funny thing is, I feel Aurora is too tame. I like to take some risks :)

So, are you saying Firefox Nightly is more stable than Canary? I've had a VERY bad experience with Aurora, pages would load too long and everything wouldn't work. However, Nightly didn't have this issue! :)
Which versions did you test? New Firefox builds more agile than ever. They did some under the hood improvements.
Australis does not mean only interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.