Chrome "enforced by administrator"

chrisqrubio

Thread author
Jan 2, 2018
helping out someone with their computer, in which they may have not had antivirus on for who knows how long. i noticed something running in the notification area, and when i right clicked it there were options to close and open (other things, but i can't remember) but it gave a runtime error whenever i clicked it and disappeared. there was no label as to what it was. that's when i noticed that antivirus wasn't even on. chrome has some extensions that can't be disabled and the history can't be cleared because of the "enforced by administrator" message. in fact a lot of things seem to have the little administrator only logo. (they're the only users of the computer)

This is actually the 2nd time i've tried to post here because i use firefox, for now. previously i was unable to post or respond to emails because it said i was soliciting spam or something like that.

what do you suggest i do first?

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    31 KB · Views: 2

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.
  • Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
  • Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on
    4zu6vb.jpg
    icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • The only left thing is to attach saved report in your next message.

chrisqrubio

Thread author
Jan 2, 2018
Chrome. I'm able to do all the stuff you asked more easily Firefox. I can't even post on this thread with chrome.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.