Troubleshoot chrome high ram usage

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What are you system hardware specifications (CPU, RAM)? Older hardware may find it harder to cope with a modern browser.

Open the Extensions manager to see what extensions you have installed/running.
chrome://extensions/

For more details, use chrome://memory-redirect/

@Malware Test - For Chrome's own Task Manager it's, (Shift+Esc)

upload_2015-1-12_16-48-25.png

Reactions: MalwareT
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@conred55 Could you use the Print Screen (Prt Scr) option found on the keyboard? The photos you have attached are blurred.

Upvote 0

conred55

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2015
MalwareTips website wont allow image greater than 1mb i have image of 7mb i cant upload

chrome is using my 250mb ram

printscr not doing anything

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Google Chrome is using multi processes to share the resources equally as possible to avoid crashing problems. Having high RAM deals on the number of tabs you use and extensions you installed,since you mentioned about 2GB as capacity; therefore just minimize the workload you have. :)

Reactions: SkyJP
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.