Troubleshoot Chrome installing issues

Adanz19

Thread author
Mar 19, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Trying to install Chrome after uninstalling because I could not install Adblock and got error 7 on the about page on chrome
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Ran Zoek and FRST. Multiple things in the registy. Did something with Googleclient4 in some host file and deleted it.
I had this problem before and I fixed it. I go onto Chrome and I am logged out. I check and my Chrome is on version 32 which is odd. I sign in but my google sync is not working. I go onto some kind of hosts file and drag it into the notepad and delete the line Google.client.4 and my sync works now. I tried then updating chrome but it said updates are disabled by administrator. I tried downloading Chrome but it said unable to connect to the internet if you use a firewall please whitelist google update.exe. I downloaded the offline version of Chrome and it worked but I still get updates are disabled by administrator or error 7. I also cannot get extensions as I get network_failed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.