JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello
I noticed recently (3 or 4 days) that Chrome launches very slowly. It takes more than a minute before opening the home page (1'20" this morning), but if I keep Chrome open after this first launch than I can use it normally.
Can you help me ?
Thanks

Reactions: Prorootect

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hello
I noticed recently (3 or 4 days) that Chrome launches very slowly. It takes more than a minute before opening the home page (1'20" this morning), but if I keep Chrome open after this first launch than I can use it normally.
Can you help me ?
Thanks
I have this problem in Win 7 ..so far this has worked..
Go to Control Panel_-->Network & internet --> Network & sharing center __>Internet properities--> Connections --> Untick automatic detect settings (Win 7)..similar option would be there in win 10 too..--> Restart
Another trick -- Go to chrome advanced settings --> System section -->Clear the check box next to "Use hardware acceleration when available."
Make sure system is clean--> Above trick should work..Clean history as well

Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I have this problem in Win 7 ..so far this has worked..
Go to Control Panel_-->Network & internet --> Network & sharing center __>Internet properities--> Connections --> Untick automatic detect settings (Win 7)..similar option would be there in win 10 too..--> Restart
Another trick -- Go to chrome advanced settings --> System section -->Clear the check box next to "Use hardware acceleration when available."
Make sure system is clean--> Above trick should work..Clean history as well

Thanks @Mahesh Sudula (y)
I used only Go to chrome advanced settings --> System section -->Clear the check box next to "Use hardware acceleration when available." and now Chrome Works again fine:)

Reactions: Prorootect
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello @Mahesh Sudula
I'm sorry but I think I was a bit too optimistic, because my problem with Chrome is still the same.

Upvote 0

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
@ JB007 Did u try above 2 solutions (Check 1st one)....if they are not working...
sorry to say u may be infected (mostly)...
first try above sol

Reactions: JB007
Upvote 0

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Thanks @Mahesh Sudula @Faybert @upnorth :)
@ JB007 Did u try above 2 solutions (Check 1st one)....if they are not working...
sorry to say u may be infected (mostly)...
first try above sol
@Mahesh Sudula , yes I tried your two tricks, but why did you say it could be a malware ?
Is this only with Chrome? Uninstall Chrome and then reinstall.
@Faybert , I try uninstall and reinstall Chrome but not working:(
@upnorth , I read this review Browser Slow? How to Make Google Chrome Fast Again and when I read about "Chrome's Experimental Features" and the address "chrome://flags" , I remember that some weeks ago when testing Bitdefender I have to disable "Experimental QUIC Protocol" to made Bitdefender Search Advisor working Search Advisor + Google Chrome = Not Working
So I reset all to default and now Chrome is again working fine:)
Thanks all friends for your help(y)

Reactions: upnorth and Faybert
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.