Chrome Privacy recommended settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
What are the recommended Privacy/Content Settings for maximizing privacy/security?

For eg.
Under "Protected Content", allowing identifiers ?
Under Background Sync, allowing closed sites to transfer data? etc

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
days ago I was about to open just a thread like this, so I think I can continue here.

I have doubts about two other privacy settings in chrome:( I try to translate from Italian, so I don't know your chrome settings are exactly the same)

1) cookie: "allow to save data in local (suggested" : should I keep this enabled? what if I select "don't allow " or "till you close the browser"?
I already block third parties cookies

2)"allow website to become default protocols managers (suggested) " : should I keep this enabled or select "don't allow" ?

thank you for reading :)

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
In chrome i block everything,the cookies and javascript and allow on a site to site basis if they are required for the site to open.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
+1 on javascript blocking.

I use the "Quick Javascript Switcher" extension to augment Chrome's scripting rules so I can easily toggle scripting on/off. I find it is very handy for sites with anti-adblocker scripts that load a semi-opaque mask that Adblock struggles to defeat.

Re: Chrome's Privacy checkboxes... all are unchecked, except "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites", because none of those features seem pro-privacy to me.

Reactions: Amiga500
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.